When/how did you notice, "Wow, I got fat?!"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tad

mostly harmless
I keep a back up belt in a drawer at work, in case Iforgetto pack a belt when bikingto work. Hadto use it for the first time in over a year. Fortunately my pants were snug enough to stay up without a belt, because thebelt was borderline painful when I was sitting, even at the largest notch. Obviously when I chose that as a back up it hadnot been so tight.

Shotha

DM Supporter
When I started getting out of breath.
I noticed that I couldn't hold long notes so easily, when singing. I mentioned it to my doctor. He said that it was because of my weight. As you accumulate fat around the abdomen, it pushes upwards and makes it harder to fill you lungs to full capacity. My doctor doesn't go on and on about my weight. He never uses the words "overweight" or "obese".

nsandru

I noticed that I got fat when I couldn't bend over or squat without a lot of effort because of my growing belly, when I had to buy size XL shirts instead of size L (and even size XL is becoming tight now), when my shorts with elastic waistband became tight, when I could no longer sleep on my back because the weight of my belly is pressing on my lungs (I can only sleep on my side now), when it became hard to stand up without leaning forward, when I passed the BMI 30 threshold...

sarahe543

When I put on a new (bought 2 weeks ago) top and it's already tight.
Today when I noticed I have the firmer upper belly and wobbly bit at the bottom of the belly.
When even stretchy trousers are tight.
Here's a pic of the stretchy trousers. I'll need to size up now.20190709_172220.jpg

nsandru

When I put on a new (bought 2 weeks ago) top and it's already tight.
Today when I noticed I have the firmer upper belly and wobbly bit at the bottom of the belly.
When even stretchy trousers are tight.
Here's a pic of the stretchy trousers. I'll need to size up now.View attachment 133023
Looks nice!

nsandru

Two years ago I bought several size L Hawaiian shirts. They were a little bit tight then, now I can barely do the buttons on them.

WIN_20190711_14_49_14_Pro.jpg WIN_20190711_14_49_45_Pro.jpg

GordoNegro

Did you try King Size (https://kingsize.com)? They carry shirts and other clothes up to size 9XL and offer two lines for big or tall men.
Yes, I get KingSize catalogs and emails...though to me its like the "SEARS" to DXL's "Macy's". I know Macy's has Bigger Sizes online, though if higher end fashion was a direct priority I wouldn't be ballooning past the point where I am now either.

sarahe543

Got out of breath when I ran for the bus, and felt conscious of being wobbly
Tried on a couple of dresses yesterday that fitted relatively recently and now theres no way. Had mixed feelings about that but I'm going to try to think positively and think about what DOES fit and what DOES make me feel good. I'm still often hiding my belly as much as possible. Wont be able to do that for much longer.

Reactions: Tad

sarahe543

Wore some knee high boots at the weekend and they were a struggle to zip up.

Latest posts