When I told a new friend about my preference I got a surprising reaction!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

beginner FA

She didn't ask any fruther questions and just moved on. She didn't do this out of awkwardness towards the subject but beacause she accepted it without question. Does that mean fat admiration is widely accepted as a preference? I didn't expect her to any problems with it of course but I did expect surprise.

It feels good to let a friend u've just made know about being an FA, in the long term, even if it might feel uncomfortable at the time. This is because u can revel in thew knowledge that they know and like u for who u really are which is amazing! Thats also partly why i like this community so much, as i know that is the case with everyone i get 2 know on here and I know they understand my preference.

Well thats what i've taken from presonal experience anyway. Any similar experiences or thoughts on the matter?

leighcy

Loving on Greg Dulli
That's great that you got that reaction right away. It does seem to be somewhat more accepted than it used to be, I guess.

I'm on the other end of that, being a big girl, and sometimes it's still difficult to tell people about myself right away. Not that it should even be an issue, but...

T_Devil

A Happy Disaster
I found that most people I told were generally cool about it. People all have a "whatever floats your boat" attitude. I think if you tell people individually, it's more of a personal thing and they're less likely to be mean or disapproving about it where as if it's in a group there's that pack mentality to attack the one that's different.

It's good to see you out embracing it. Feels good to get it out, doesn't it? :D

IrishBard

womble/leprechaun hybrid!
try this one:

I told a person I was FA, and she said "Me too!"

pinkylou

Freak on a Leash
I'm glad it was a reaction like that. Its sad that some peoples reactions can often make people feel bad about their preferences. Best wishes xx

GunnerFA

Big
This is almost the exact same reaction I got when I told a (slim) female friend of mine. The only thing she asked was if I only found bbw attractive and I told her no, just much prefer bigger women to slim women. She was completely cool with this also seemed open to the fact that there are many guys out there who do actually like big girls.
Like you beginner FA, to me it does feel good to have a friend that reacted so well to what I told her. Seems there are probably more people who are accepting of an FA's preference than it seems.

And IrishBard, your situation must have been an awsome moment.

beginner FA

Thanks Pinkylou;)

And yes it does T devil, yes it does.:D

Its also great to hear about other peoples similar situations:)

Leighcy, it shouldn't just be not an issue, ur size should be a positve thing, size discrimination is my ultimate pet peeve!

IrishBard

womble/leprechaun hybrid!
We're not dating or anything, she's just a friend whom I've known for quite a while.

If you must know, she's Cassia (character based on the same person with the same name from my new story Epona ressurection), just a good friend when times are down. Wallowing in our mutual FA ness, too thin for each others liking and with no real wanting to fatten up for the sake of the other.

She also has a wit like a razor and flawless timing.

Haunted

Bi-Coastal!!!
when i first decided to just be totally open about it one of my good friends whose also my tattoo artist Just replied "I Know Bro" I was like wtf why was i so worried!

I think in general we are our own worst enemies except for t-devil (I'm secretly hoping i don't incur his wrath for admitting i was once in the closet) Believing that people will think differently of us for preferring BBW's and SSBBW's when in fact no one really ever gives a shit, some have asked why do you have a label so you like fat girls, you don't need some id badge do you? (of course an id badge would help the ladies no who we are)

crosseyedhamster

I was actually talking with a fat girl I know and my preference came up and she was in somewhat disbelief (even after we'd been flirting for a while). But she didn't have a problem with it.

mediaboy

The only friend I have thats so much as hummed "wtf" behind my bike while I was double taking some cute girl is a homosexual that values athleticism in a partner simply because his fetish is people that can survive in a post apocalyptic wasteland ala fallout. And he thinks I'm weird...

Kareda

Kare~N~da
That's awesome that you had a positive reaction- you also must be a great judge of character to have found friends that accept you for you. :)

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I'm glad that you got such a positive reaction from her. I think most people would be generally nice about it, even if they didn't quite understand it or feel the same way. I honestly don't think people need to be afraid of telling family and friends because if someone truly cares about you they're not going to flip out just because you say you prefer a fat girl/guy. But anyway, congrats on telling her. :]

beginner FA

Cheers thatgirl08!:) I always love being truthfull about it because even tho it is sometimes not the easiest thing to do it is so satisfying!:happy:

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
What a nice reaction and story! Congrats!

Considering the large numbers of happy looking guys I see around here with gals who aren't skinny, I'd say that FA-ism isn't the huge deal some make it out to be.

I also see lots of big guys paired off with smaller gals.

Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

Dennis

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
I've gotten bizarre reactions from people when I tell them I like being fat and have no plans to lose weight. Some say nothing, others start pouring out their own heart wrenching struggles with their weight and how they've haven't been home to see family in years because of the extra 10 or 15 pounds they carry. I kid you not, I've had three people tell me a story like this. Such worry over this psaltry amount would be a joke around these parts but I try to be sympathetic. Others get agitated and want to know if I'm worried about my health at all. On rare occasions I've run into someone who nearly wraps his/her arms around my knees and cries, "Thank G-d!" Talks of diets and trans fats has gotten so ingrained in the local lingo around here that it comes as a relief to be around someone who isn't drinking the Koolaid.

KendraLee

Its really refreshing to hear positive reactions. I think the key is feeling positive about yourself and your preference and accepting it like its no big deal (cause it really isn't) then others are more likely to be accepting too

Mathias

SAMCRO
I told my friends and they didn't seem to mind at all. We all pretty much agreed that it's hard to have a say over what a person is sexually attracted to. It is what it is.

Raqui

It is very important to feel support. I know that wanting support from others and having someone understand you is key.

The fact that you had a great experience outside of your online community is even better.

I personally believe that it is not as much as a surprise to others now when someone likes a larger man or lady.

In some circles it is quite common.

The best you can do it educate yourself as much as possible so that you can have a happy, lasting, loving relationship with the woman who you choose and who chooses you.

Happy Days to you

Raqui