• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

When is a Community not a community?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrumptious_voluptuous

It must be Gin O'clock!
Probably when people exploit the fact they have been part of an online group for a few years in order to steal £500 from you.

I don't post on here very often, and I'm sure there will be a portion of you who think I just got taken for a mug. But I'm hoping that this will serve as a general warning that even though you may have online friendships from here, or other boards, think long and hard if it means anything in the real world. Cos right now, I don't think it does, and that's a shame. Another crashing defeat for my trust, and faith in humanity.

So..what happened?

I met a guy, who has been on here for years. He's quite a well know Brit on here. A lot of you like him, a lot. I won't mention names, but you're welcome to PM me for it. Ironically, he was telling me about how much he'd like to go to the next Bash in New Jersey. Probably with the £500 he had just stolen from my bank account.

Aaaanyway, knowing that he knew a lot of my good friends here in the UK from dims and various BBW boards and events, and a lot of my friends in the states, I saw no reason to not trust him. Because I'm nice like that. I like to trust people. I like to help people. I like to think we all get along. Obviously, we don't...

To cut a pretty dull story short, he let's me buy him drinks, get a hotel, and we sleep together. All with that cash just burning a hole in his pocket. Lucky boy!

He even texts for a few days afterwards. No mention of the money.

Not until I check my statement and see my rent has been bounced. See, my rent is about £565 a month. Those keeping track will have noticed that £500 was not there. Now I owe my landlord arrears, my bank will charge me for the cash trying to come out when none was there, and have a big old black mark against my name. I also don't have money for my holiday coming up in June, and just when I thought my trust in men could get no lower I suddenly find a whole new level. My heart was broken from my last relationship, and this brief affair has broken my wallet. I just can't get a break...

So there we go. Something to make me step back from forums, boards, groups and the like. Because no matter how much someone may be a part of a 'community', they can still turn out to be a massive thieving fuckwit.

(BTW, his excuse was that he was just desperate, and needed to pay the banks. Well, now *I'M* desperate and need to pay the banks. He has just passed his problems on to me, when I was doing all I could to help him out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back