when is she a ssbbw?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BigFA

All of the above. I would speculate that 275 lbs. and up certainly qualifies for SSBBW status if a woman is of average height of 5'3 to 5'8. And of course how she looks and carries the weight. You know it when you see it. BMI is just a function of the ratio of height to weight.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
I always heard the general consensus was 350 and up. I think in order to be a member of the supersized board here, you have to be at least 350.

b0nnie

All of the above. I would speculate that 275 lbs. and up certainly qualifies for SSBBW status if a woman is of average height of 5'3 to 5'8. And of course how she looks and carries the weight. You know it when you see it. BMI is just a function of the ratio of height to weight.
I really don't think 275 is considered SSBBW, I was around 270ish at my biggest, I'm 5'3" and wore a size 22/24 which is nowhere near large enough to be considered supersize. I think it depends on how a women looks more then how much she weighs, everyone is so different.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
I think the term started in the clothing area, where a lot of plus sized stores only carried up to a size 26. If you were larger than that you weren't "plus sized" so people called it "super-sized."

Of course, since then clothing sizes have inflated, and more stores carry larger than a 26, so does that mean that you have to be larger to be super-sized than you did half a generation ago? :p

lcc42

My wife was 5'0" and 250 pounds when we met 16 years ago and I would have considered her a bbw. She is currently 303 pounds, much rounder especially in her belly and is fat all over. For her height and current weight and proportions I would consider her to be a ssbbw.

firefly

My wife was 5'0" and 250 pounds when we met 16 years ago and I would have considered her a bbw. She is currently 303 pounds, much rounder especially in her belly and is fat all over. For her height and current weight and proportions I would consider her to be a ssbbw.
Sweetheart, I think _everybody_ in this forum knows now about your wife's weight, height and weight gain. No need to post about it a dozen more times in necro-threads...

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
Sweetheart, I think _everybody_ in this forum knows now about your wife's weight, height and weight gain. No need to post about it a dozen more times in necro-threads...
He first started posting as a woman too. Hmmm.

ed1980

I have always associated the concept of SSBBW (the so called 350 lb or 150 KG) with the medical concept of super obese (BMI over 45).

RabbitScorpion

vienna carrier-no venom
I have always associated the concept of SSBBW (the so called 350 lb or 150 KG) with the medical concept of super obese (BMI over 45).
But at 5'0", a mere 232 pounds will make a BMI of 45.

I would propose a BMI of 50 or greater may be a measure.

Another possible definition:

BBW Nothing for you at A&F
BHM Nothing for you at most popular stores, except Walmart

SSBBW Nothing for you at Catherine's
SSBHM: Nothing for you at Walmart.

Another measure I've heard others use is whether one is unable to walk a mile on account of weight alone.

I had an SO with a BMI near 50 who was quite athletic in 1986 (23y). She could play a mean game of softball. We loved walikng on trails and beaches together.
In 1996, we went to Yellowstone. At 33y her BMI was about 60. We toured the park, she would stop at an attraction, have me leave the car, walk around, take pictures and describe the scene with a walkie-talkie as she waited in the car. I SO wish we had gone to Yellowstone earlier :(

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
But at 5'0", a mere 232 pounds will make a BMI of 45.

I would propose a BMI of 50 or greater may be a measure.

Another possible definition:

BBW Nothing for you at A&F
BHM Nothing for you at most popular stores, except Walmart

SSBBW Nothing for you at Catherine's
SSBHM: Nothing for you at Walmart.

Another measure I've heard others use is whether one is unable to walk a mile on account of weight alone.

I had an SO with a BMI near 50 who was quite athletic in 1986 (23y). She could play a mean game of softball. We loved walikng on trails and beaches together.
In 1996, we went to Yellowstone. At 33y her BMI was about 60. We toured the park, she would stop at an attraction, have me leave the car, walk around, take pictures and describe the scene with a walkie-talkie as she waited in the car. I SO wish we had gone to Yellowstone earlier :(
Catherine's goes up to a size 5X. I shopped there when I was a SSBBW.

bigmac

I really don't think 275 is considered SSBBW, I was around 270ish at my biggest, I'm 5'3" and wore a size 22/24 which is nowhere near large enough to be considered supersize. I think it depends on how a women looks more then how much she weighs, everyone is so different.
Yes, a size 22/24 is just a BBW. My definition would be based on size. If all the clothes in the local department store "Women's" section are too small you're supersized (i.e. 30/32 or larger).

cebe

I think BMI is more important than just weight because it depends on both weight and height. For sure, the same weight for a little woman of …5’ or a 6’ or more like some tennis women for example don’t give the same impression.
Personally I have a trick : when I take a woman in my arms, if my hands do not touch in her back, it is a ssbbw.
Odd ? maybe but that’s what I like :rolleyes:

GhostEater

I think this is definitely one of those things where you know it when you see it. I also think height plays into it.

I think I might be super sized but I can't really judge myself accurately. I hypocritically always feel a lot thinner than I really am even though I know I'm huge.

GhostEater

It's a matter of definition. The term gets thrown around a lot on the site so it doesn't hurt to talk about semantic bullshit. As for me I'm just making conversation here.

But I get what you're saying man. In the end it really doesn't matter.

Latest posts