Quantcast

Where do you gain weight most?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

nsandru

My belly is benefiting most from my weight gain. I used to be thin until my mid 30s, then I gained a lot of weight after an accident. Now I am almost twice as heavy as before the accident.

Since I am almost always shirtless (I cannot control my body temperature and I am prone to overheating even at freezing temperatures) I get often remarks from other people because of my belly. I learned to just ignore them.

Reactions: Tad

nsandru

I gain mostly on my belly but I have some fat on my upper arms and thighs.

Fat-u-up

Mine goes on my lower half. My bum and thighs get fat, with a soft belly too. My man-boobs are growing bigger, which makes getting a shirt to fit is becoming a problem.

lawriesv

View attachment 132851
I basically look pregnant. I'm breathing in here! This isnt even me when I'm full. Oops!View attachment 132850
With respect to this posting, and the one where you contemplate gaining an additional 30 pounds:

Have you been pregnant before your recent weight gain? If so, did you like your protruding belly during that process? Again if so, might your current gaining "project" be a way of getting back that shape, for a time duration of your choosing (rather than the latter portion of 9 months)?

sarahe543

I've had children and in fact with the last 2 pregnancies I weighed less at the end than I do now. Being pregnant vs being fat are 2 completely different things . I cant account for why my weight mostly sits on my belly.

HUGEisElegant

I've had children and in fact with the last 2 pregnancies I weighed less at the end than I do now. Being pregnant vs being fat are 2 completely different things . I cant account for why my weight mostly sits on my belly.
Just genetics and wherever our most active fat cells reside. Why does fat accumulate in any particular pattern from one person to the next? It's just a part of what makes the human body interesting. :)

Last edited:

alk27alk27

Breaker of eggs.
My belly mostly. I’d rather I looked proportional then like and I quote “a basket ball with limbs.” Idk, maybe I’m just more comfortable with the lumberjack fantasy then the beer belly fantasy.

Latest posts