Where do you gain weight most?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

EmilyEW

I hear you.
If I could find a way to make working for myself a reality, or won the lottery to a degree that I could live on what I'd earn from investments, I'd be fast approaching 500 pounds instead of exerting a tremendous force of will to keep myself under 400.
It is a total disgrace to keep that effin' balloon of your belly starved. The belly wants what it wants and people should not stand in your way. How long did it take you to get that amazingly round?

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
It is a total disgrace to keep that effin' balloon of your belly starved. The belly wants what it wants and people should not stand in your way. How long did it take you to get that amazingly round?
Well, honestly, my current condition has been a life-long nurturing of family genetics. All of the men on my dad's side of the family look like this when they are heavy. My grandfather and his brothers, my dad, his brother (and I would imagine his sons), and me.
My weight has fluctuated, sometimes greatly, since the third grade.

The last time I had a flat abdomen (with no love-handles) was back in 2007, but my weight has increased, then decreased, then increased again since then.

I lost a lot of weight in 2004, dropping from 310 to 192, and kept it off until 2008, when I blew back up, regaining all of the weight I'd lost and adding somewhere around 30-40 more (my scale went on strike at that point, so I had no way to tell exactly how much I regained beyond an extra 30-ish).
Then I started dropping weight again in 2016 (starting at my highest weight at that point, about 340-350).
I bottomed-out around 270 near the end of 2019.
Then during Christmas dinner in 2019 I kinda said, "Eff it, I want my belly back," and from that day to October 2020 I gained 103 pounds.
Work had gotten stressful and highly frustrating in the last part of 2019, which prompted the attitude change/return to form, and I had regained 30-40 pounds by the beginning of April when the COVID lockdowns started.
I went from walking an average of 10,000 steps a day at work, to losing my job when the plant shut-down permanently, and sitting on my butt, eating my feelings. From there, the 60+ other pounds piled on fast.

I've dropped a few pounds since October since I don't have the same income coming in and can't sustain the daily binges I was enjoying earlier last year.
I'm back at the size that I was in my avatar pic. (somewhere between 350-360.)

EmilyEW

See, that is the thing, on one hand, the story is effed up with losing the job, frustration, etc, on other hand you got a big belly out of it, so it is both Sorry to hear that and Yay, that's really round.

SSBHM

I notice my belly grows the most fastest, but recently I am getting bigger in the butt and thighs too. Just surpassed 400 so kind of excited about the increase in my size everywhere. Sort of decided to go for 500, anyone want to encourage me?

Attachments

Latest posts