Where is the love...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MickeyFFA

for the chubby girls. At least thats what i consider myself. I'm actually a little confused at this point. To mainstream America at 5'3 and 180 pounds I'd definetly be considered fat, certainly too big to fit the mold. Over the past few years, I've come to realize that thats not nessicarily a bad thing. But here at Dimensions, while I love this place and all it's opened up to me, I'd barely be considered plump, least of all fat. So thats puts myself and all the other size misfits (for lack of better word) in quite a pickle. Where do the chubby girls go?
Its the inevitable high school situation all over again. While we say we're done with all the crap, the reality is even as adults everyone still wants a place to call home. Isnt that why we all congregated here in the first place, to have somewhere to feel in the loop? While I like my body just as it is, I can't help but feeling maybe it would be easier to just pick a side and stick to it. Either conform to society and loose the twenty or so pounds or go in the opposite direction and take the leap into full fledged fat land. Its really quite a dilema.
So here's my question, am I the only one who feels this way? I mean I know there are other women out there that are the same body type, but is there anyone who feels the "trapped between two worlds" thing?
Or better yet are there any guys on this board that happen to favor the chubby girls? I know, I know I don't have to have a man's approval to make myself feel beautiful. I know I am. But just once it'd be nice to know that I was a man's physical ideal and not just a transition stage to 130 pounds or 300. Just a few thoughts that have been in my head lately.

(ps. I hope I posted on the right board.?)

Dummy Rum

I definitely don't have a problem with chubby girls. Wouldn't say I "favor" them, but although extra-large women have a certain... "Wow!" appeal for me, a girl who's just chubby is much better for cuddling and stuff. ^_^ (obligatory smiley)

Totmacher

I think this might be more of a main board topic, but you'll usually get less BS here. You're not the only one who feels this way. I used to feel the same way, but my tastes have since evolved and it's nolonger an issue. This topic pops up from time to time though, so I'm sure you'll find plenty of like minded individuals.
My latest hypothesis is that there was a time, not so long ago, when this community was about people who were ostracised for their size or considered deviant, perhaps disordered, for their preferences: The kind of people to whom (or next to whom) you'd be considered, "Skinny". While the demographics expressed here have broadenned quite a bit, fleshing out the population, as it were, the vocal core is still mostly people from that era and mindset. So, someone who is more attracted to women who are, " just chubby" would be considered mostly, "normal" and thus a little out of place. Not unwelcome, mind you, but a minority. At least, that's my guess.

Totmacher

Members only? Oooh, how discouragingly exclusive. C'mon, I just wanted to take a peek!

DrFeeder

My attraction to women is pretty complicated...aesthetically, I prefer more average-size women--erotically I prefer larger women. To me, any actual woman represents some kind of compromise between these two values. Consequently the weight range of women I'm interested in is very wide! "Chubby" is right smack dab in the middle and totally cool.

But you asked about love. Size is even less important when you're talking about love. It's not irrelevant--the woman does have to be somewhat attractive for me to fall in love with her--but there are other factors that I don't even understand.

Like I say, I'm just speaking for myself. But there are plenty like me, and plenty who may not be that much like me but who would find your size just dandy.

Just go with what you've got, darlin'. There will be many who aren't interested, and many who don't interest you, but you only need one!

--Dr. Feeder

Jon Blaze

FALCON
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
I know what you are going through (Not personally, but I've heard what you have said before).

I prefer larger women (While still being open to thinner women) of many varying degrees, and that includes chubby women as well. You'd get my approval, but you are right: It wouldn't mean much.

AtlasD

"To mainstream America at 5'3 and 180 pounds I'd definitely be considered fat, certainly too big to fit the mold"

To hell with the mold- be yourself! 5'3? 180? Those are just numbers, and numbers cannot define who you are.

"Either conform to society and loose the twenty or so pounds or go in the opposite direction and take the leap into full fledged fat land"

There is really no "either-or" choice. I am sure you are gorgeous the way you are, and there are others who would agree.

You do raise a point- it seems as if most of the ladies who are members of this community are beyond "mid-size", although I don't like using labels. But if you look around, there are some here who are proportioned the way you are, and there are men who admire them the way they are. Be yourself, and you will be beautiful.

The Orange Mage

♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓
There's definitely a good number of men who very much appreciate women of the size range you're speaking about, but in my experience, a good number of them are not usually what would be called an FA. They love a little bit extra, but once it goes into what would be a smaller BBW range, they are completely turned off.

This is just what I've seen, mostly.

Chubbyadmirer86

I seem to be perpetually stuck between two worlds in everything I do so I know what your going through exactly. I can assure you that there are guys on this board that are attracted mostly to chubby girls. I say that because I'm one of them. I think Totmacher's hypothesis on this topic is right. That doesn't mean you need to gain or lose weight. I've struggled with the dilemma of whether or not I want to intentionally gain and I think that no one should gain just to fit in with a group.

skunkspot

I've always with the plump chicks. I kinda doubt the guys do here either; never been a member but lots of the stuffer31 and taylormadebbw girls look to be under 200lbs. I feel women are harder on themselves than guys are on them. I know with boobs guys say many things about what makes a pair of breasts but at the end of the day if we get to touch them, that automatically propels them to greatness. I bet that'd be the same way in here, If its a fat belly we get to rub then its automatically a great fat belly.I guess if its an issue I guess you could dress to look fatter. People dress to look thinner so I'd assume it should work the other way. Personally I've never liked too much the low rise jeans popular in woman except for how they create muffin tops even amoungst the thinnest girls.

qwertyman173

Andy from UK
People are attracted to all sizes. Some like their partners skinny, some medium, some chubby, some large and some super sized. When you have to be aware is that people will love you how you are. Not every FA is the same, it is not clear cut. There are shades of grey. There will always be people who will love you for who you are, without changing. Don't listen to people who say that you will look better "if you only......". I believe that this place is size acceptance. Accepting who you are, and only changing if you want to.

Just my two cents! :)

TrueGent

Speaking only about physical preferences, I myself prefer chubby. I think the curves pop just right way when their "in between". Mind you I can go either way. If a ladies beautiful she's beautiful, but I prefer chubby.;)

AtlasD

MickeyFFA, if you go to the Main Dimensions Board, there is some further discussion on the points you raise. The thread is titled "no place to call home". As with any community, you will find a wide range of opinion here. Take some time to review the commentary, and I think, overall, you will find Dimensions is a good place to be.

jimj

My wife is also 5'-3".She was about 110lbs. when we married and was beautiful.She is now around 270lbs. and is even sexier.If my wish was granted she'd be 350lbs. but she's been this weight for awhile so I dont think it will happen.She is still one sexy lady and no toothpick to be sure.The main thing is she feels sexy at this weight and you should feel sexy at whatever weight you are.

Russ2d

First don't apologize for wanting to be attractive to the opposite sex, it's natural. No one lives in a vacuum, this concept of "you should feel beautiful to yourself no matter what" stuff is disingenuous PC nonsense and ignores the reality of how people truly feel and act.

Second there is someone out there for everyone. There are guys who want super fat women, fat women, chubby women, and uggg thin "ish" women - unenlightened these last ones are I know :)

Myself I prefer very fat women, but I always appreciate a chubby woman or a woman with fat features- like seeing a thin woman but with a fat butt or flabby thighs or pillow lips, whatever... much better than the boy thin "ideal" we are all forced to live with these days.

ashmamma84

Om Namah Shivayah
First don't apologize for wanting to be attractive to the opposite sex, it's natural. No one lives in a vacuum, this concept of "you should feel beautiful to yourself no matter what" stuff is disingenuous PC nonsense and ignores the reality of how people truly feel and act.

Second there is someone out there for everyone. There are guys who want super fat women, fat women, chubby women, and uggg thin "ish" women - unenlightened these last ones are I know :)

Myself I prefer very fat women, but I always appreciate a chubby woman or a woman with fat features- like seeing a thin woman but with a fat butt or flabby thighs or pillow lips, whatever... much better than the boy thin "ideal" we are all forced to live with these days.
Pillow lips? Enlighten me, please...:)

Fuzzy Necromancer

I think part of it is that everyone has a different marker for "chubby" or "average", "in between".

Chunk Admirer

Personally, I think you are within my ideal range, especially noting that my wife is 5'3" and around 185. I prefer the 175-200 range myself. "The Orange Mage" previously made a comment that the guys who appreciate someone in your size range are not usually what would be called an FA. I disagree with this comment. I think if a guy prefers women who are not the stick figure that society promotes, then they are an FA. Granted, there are different degrees or preferences of FAism, but they all ultimately mean the same thing. For example, one FA might prefer large butts whereas someone else prefers bigger bellies. Just because you like one and not the other doesn't mean you're not an FA. Or maybe you like blondes and not redheads. Same thing applies to size in general; just because someone likes 175lb range rather than 300lb range doesn't make them any less of an FA - they just have a different preference. They still admire and adore the curves and this is what makes them an FA. So to answer your question, yes there definitely are guys out there who prefer someone in your size range. The only problem is that they might just be lurking here more than posting (I know, I'm one of them).

You don't need to be 300+ lbs to fit in here at Dimensions. Most of the topics on the forums aren't even specific to any weight range (ie, this is only for the 300+ lb crowd). I think its just more of a matter that you participate more. The more you participate, the more you'll feel comfortable and "part of the crowd". Keep in mind that it may be true that a majority of the girls who participate in these forums are much larger than you and this may be because they are the ones who have accepted themselves (weight) and embraced it as a positive - so they tend to participate more. Girls who are younger or smaller in size may seem like a minority here just because they aren't yet comfortable with themselves and so they are more lurkers than participants. Give it time.

Latest posts