• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Who is and isn't worthy of a hospital bed/medical care.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatBarbieDoll

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place -- I didn't know where else to put it. This post also has nothing to do with the virus, as the person to whom I am referring made the video I am going to describe before it hit.

Anyway, I wanted to post about something that has been bugging me a bit and see what others think. There is a semi-popular fitness expert on YouTube I won't name who makes videos about obesity. In one particular video, he basically said that it's okay if you want to lie to yourself about being healthy if you're obese, save for the fact that you could potentially be taking a hospital bed away from someone who, say, just happens to be elderly.

He was saying -- or my interpretation of what he was saying -- was that people who cause their own health issues are not worthy of medical care and it's not fair they are taking up hospital beds when others, who got sick through no fault of their own, go without. If two people urgently needed the last hospital bed available and one was obese and the other not or the other fit and otherwise healthy or pretty much not at fault in his eyes, he'd let the obese one die if he was the decider.

He (and another semi-popular fitness expert I won't name) have a "no excuses" mentality and think it's pretty much inexcusable to be fat. If they ruled the world, they'd do their best to mandate people be as healthy as the can possibly be -- they said that obesity is bad for the economy.

Maybe most or all of what these guys say is true -- I certainly don't have a response to the "hospital bed" part of the first guy's argument.

Care to share your thoughts?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back