• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

"Why are the plus-size champions shrinking before our eyes?" by Chloe Elliot

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Smith

A very interesting article, anyone:

"[...]
What I find most frustrating is when a respected plus-size celebrity or a model chooses to lose weight, they claim to have a new lease of life now that they’re slimmer.
[...]
This really doesn't sit well with me as they’re essentially saying that their life wasn't OK when they were bigger - not a great message to project to a potentially all plus-size following.
I can even see why some women would feel ‘betrayed’ to see their favourite curvy role model three sizes lighter.

That person they admired for loving their bigger body - different from the ‘norm’ - celebrating their rolls, stretch marks and curves has essentially sold out and conformed.
If these women chose to change their bodies for whatever reason - that’s fine.
Your body, your life.
But it still makes it difficult to digest when there are barely enough plus-size role models as it is.
I can’t wait for the day where we regularly see body confident plus-size women in the media completely unashamed of their bodies, and proving that you CAN be happy without striving for weight loss.
[...]
It is a shame that even as adults, so many successful plus women in the media still feel the pressure to shrink, meaning one less curvy role model for the rest of us."

- Chloe Elliot, Plus-Size blogger.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5475133/plus-size-models-who-have-lost-weight/

Latest posts

Back