• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Why Are You Here???

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saucywench

From the Dimensions FAQ:

Dimensions originated as the newsletter of a "special interest group" of NAAFA, the National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance. NAAFA, which was founded in 1969, fights against the discrimination fat people are subjected to in our society. One special interest group was for men who actually prefer fat partners. Dimensions was created to be a newsletter and then magazine for those who love fat women.

Again—Dimensions was created…for those who love fat women.

Hey! I’m a fat woman. Maybe I belong here. Maybe there’s a purpose and reason for me being here. Maybe there is some benefit to my being here. Knowing—because the creator/owner of Dimensions said so—that Dimensions was created for those who love fat women, why…I’m willing to bet that any woman who is fat would find comfort (in a world where such comfort is seldom found) in the knowledge that she was welcome here.

From the Dimensions FAQ:

…almost since the beginning Dimensions has been a forum for both fat women and the people who find them attractive. For men, Dimensions is a place where they can talk and learn about their preference, and …plenty more. For women, it's a place where THEY, and not their skinny sisters, are the stars. It's a place where they can learn about their admirers and to see the beauty and attractiveness in their bodies.

But, wait! There’s more!

Dimensions is about size politics, acceptance, and mutual respect as much as it is about celebrating the larger figure.

Hmm…let me see if I can summarize this correctly:

Dimensions was created for those who love fat women. For women, it's a place where THEY, and not their skinny sisters, are the stars. It's a place where they can learn about their admirers and to see the beauty and attractiveness in their bodies.

Sounds pretty clear-cut to me. Apparently, though, it bears repeating:

Dimensions was created for those who love fat women.

If it were not for the love of fat women, Dimensions wouldn’t exist.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(1) If you are a fat woman, Dimensions was created with you in mind.
(2) If you are a man who loves fat women, Dimensions was created with you in mind.

It is obvious that Dimensions online has become much more since the original FAQ was written. However, the FAQ as it now stands is evidence to me as to who was the original intended audience/viewership/membership.

If you are a fat woman…if you are a man who loves fat women…Dimensions was created for you.

Who else might we say that Dimensions is for?

Again, from the FAQ: Dimensions is about size politics, acceptance, and mutual respect as much as it is about celebrating the larger figure.

Celebrating the larger figure.

So that would encompass fat men, as well. It would encompass women who love fat men.

(3) If you are a fat man, Dimensions is for you.
(4) If you are a woman who loves fat men, Dimensions is for you.

Wait! I certainly don’t want to exclude anyone on the basis of sexual orientation:

(5) If you are a man who loves fat men, Dimensions is for you.
(6) If you are a woman who loves fat women, Dimensions is for you.

Let’s sum it all up, then:

(1) If you are a fat woman, Dimensions was created with you in mind.
(2) If you are a man who loves fat women, Dimensions was created with you in mind.
(3) If you are a fat man, Dimensions is for you.
(4) If you are a woman who loves fat men, Dimensions is for you.
(5) If you are a man who loves fat men, Dimensions is for you.
(6) If you are a woman who loves fat women, Dimensions is for you.

The big question is, then, if you cannot claim one or more of these categories, why are you here? If you believe in size acceptance for only the segment (or even a particular few of that segment) that you admire, and no other, then why are you here?

Me? I’m a fat woman. I belong here. I feel I have a right to be here. How about you?

(And, no, I don't mind stirring the pot when it's a pot that needs to be stirred.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back