Quantcast

Why is the BHM/FFA board currently so repetitive and boring?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I like to think that opening a dialogue about something that's an issue to some of the people on the boards is, in fact, being proactive. Also it's coincidental that you're complaining about people not making new threads in a new thread where instead of being receptive to criticism you've been making snarky, bitchy responses like this.
A thread about how boring things are? Why not do something about it instead of whining about it.

No one is going to hold your hand to make things better FOR YOU.

Post something new or STFU.

Treach

A thread about how boring things are? Why not do something about it instead of whining about it.

So do all new threads need to meet your exacting standards, or is it exclusively this one? Because I'm not sure I can take the pressure!

Also if this thread offends you so much, there's the metaphorical door, I suggest you walk your ass out of it. I'll even hold your hand if you need me too.

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness

Why are you so fucking hostile

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
"Just wanted to voice my support for fritzi asking this sort of question, as it took guts...it seems like a lot of the folks here have a tight little circle going on. Not that..."
Consider it thirded, then.

"What kind of "serious" topics could we even discuss here?...how many fat guys really need more information on being fat?"
"...I've seen this sort of cycle happen before..influx..a real surge of activity...their activity pulls existing members into taking part more...because that fair sized group of people isn't all that interested in the 'serious' topics, it tends to discourage the occasional new comer from getting too avid about them either....those who become close friends (or couples) are apt to move more of their communication to more direct channels over time, and others will get bored of or alienated by these boards and go elsewhere. Between one thing and another that surge of people tends to fade, leaving things to get quieter and quieter...a new surge of people arrive and things start over again...If not, the place gradually becomes pretty quiet and a little depressing."
Yeah, I hear what you're saying. It's just that, for me, my over-riding concern, what keeps me up at night, is the problem of SA....or Dims....or any particular part of it....becoming like "a scene." Or too much of one. With scene-kids, guarding their scene. I can't be a part of or a party-to any thing like that. And so, it's important that certain mechanisms are in place which can effectively prevent that type of outcome.

"...Dimensions is so fragmented that new topics have a lot of filters to go through. At least in my case, it's difficult to find any kind of new information or topics that would cater specifically to BHMs and FFAs. Most interesting topics would probably be better suited for the Main Board, because they usually pertain to a variety of people."
"It really bugs me that the people that find the BHM/FFA board so lame are the ones that hardly participate...I dare you guys to start making some new threads yourself."
Well, for what it's worth, I actually do have some ideas. A lot of them, in fact. A lot of opinions & ideas. But, as said; it's sort of hard for me to imagine just exactly where they fit. I mean, I could imagine an entire folder or thread about Chinese-Buffet experiences. The type of things that are (probably) happening at every Chinese Buffet type-of-restaurant location around the world. Things a lot of us experience in common, but probably think "Oh, I'm the only one.... Things that no-one, yet, is talking about. Just because it's just too off-the-wall.

But where does it really belong? The main-board? Foodee-board? Best Pick-up line? I mean, there are things happening everyday that seem to transcend these very narrow types of criteria. So, I'm just sayin'....

Added to this, I'm not really worried about being cyber-bullied as much as I feel there's somewhat of a disincentive to over-share. I mean, I will admit to holding back, self-censoring, at times out of concern for how certain other FFA's might (not) respond to it.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
BHMs at the Chinese Buffet would fit the forum and could be an open-ended enough subject to include everything you've mentioned AND allow for occasional derailment and jokes (all long-term threads have them anyway on the other forums) so make it so! Do it, Yaki!

Paquito

don't July to me
I like that, Yaki. I mean I wasn't trying to make everyone be all rigid and follow guidelines with where to make threads, that's just been my personal experience.

Paquito

don't July to me
Also, maybe one about clothing needs? Combines resources, what clothing has worked for fat guys, disaster stories, etc.

SlightlyMorbid

Darth Cuddles
So maybe a Restaurant Experiences thread?
That would be a neat idea. Not just restaurants, but also recipes.

As for people whining about how 'you go make some cool threads' we *all* are a part of the community, regardless of how fucking long you've been here or how many posts you have.

No one gives a fuck.

We're here to have fun.

fritzi

:bow: Thank you Treach, Yakatori, BigChaz and Paquito for your support!

Reading your posts and the many others who could relate to my original discomfort actually left me pretty optimistic.

The most frequently posted opinion doesn't necessarily have to be the general opinion.

So thanks again - and here's to more entertaining times...

Sasquatch!

A wild loser appeared!
There's several interesting points here:

--Some posters have been here for years, have got to know each other very well and seen others come and go. Of course there are going to be references you don't get. Would you walk into a group of people in real life and complain that you didn't understand their jokes or that they were excluding you? If so, congratulations! You are indeed quite special.

--Instead of complaining about something lamely, at least attempt to be the solution. Repetitive threads being posted? Actually post a thread. Preferably one that isn't identical to all the others.

--You can't expect people to treat you like best friends when they know NOTHING about you. You can't expect women to want to date/sex you if you just waltz in and yell "I'm a fat man". These things take time. Gosh darnit, you should all be over 18--you should all KNOW this stuff by now.

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
The reason dims has been so boring and repetitive is because i've been preoccupied lately. i apologize. i will endeavor to do better in the future. now someone felate me while i work on being awesome ;)

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow
The reason dims has been so boring and repetitive is because i've been preoccupied lately. i apologize. i will endeavor to do better in the future. now someone felate me while i work on being awesome ;)
Well.... if you insist on just ANYONE *wets lips* :rolleyes:

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
Well.... if you insist on just ANYONE *wets lips* :rolleyes:
thank you, rellis, dont forget the balls.

now, what we obviously need here is a human sacrifice. nothing gets the board moving like a good ol' fashioned witch hunt! lets pick someone and destroy them for the sake of unity/entertainment! i suggest fritzi. for he who hast smelt it, hath, indeed dealt it. and fritzi, you fucking smelt it alright!

fritzi

now, what we obviously need here is a human sacrifice. nothing gets the board moving like a good ol' fashioned witch hunt! lets pick someone and destroy them for the sake of unity/entertainment! i suggest fritzi. for he who hast smelt it, hath, indeed dealt it. and fritzi, you fucking smelt it alright!
If I am to be the human sacrifice of choice on this board then I at least get to choose the method of my execution!

I want a guillotine please - has great historical precedents, quick, fool-proof and efficient!

Latest posts