Quantcast

Why is the BHM/FFA board currently so repetitive and boring?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
Sorry we have to do this properly. Tie you up and remove your heart with our bare hands.

Kali Ma!

KALI MAH!
hahahahaha!!!! me and my boss were just talking about this yesterday! we were talking about how we were going to act when our daughters bring home a boy for the first time and my boss told me he was going to sit and polish his gun. i told him that was played out and that i was going to sit there in my underwear just playing this scene over and over and over again the entire time he was there, lol.

Zowie

Zowie-Zilla
hahahahaha!!!! me and my boss were just talking about this yesterday! we were talking about how we were going to act when our daughters bring home a boy for the first time and my boss told me he was going to sit and polish his gun. i told him that was played out and that i was going to sit there in my underwear just playing this scene over and over and over again the entire time he was there, lol.
Sir, I suggest you do this one.

It passes the chicken across the table!

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
There's several interesting points here:

--Some posters have been here for years, have got to know each other very well and seen others come and go. Of course there are going to be references you don't get. Would you walk into a group of people in real life and complain that you didn't understand their jokes or that they were excluding you? If so, congratulations! You are indeed quite special.

--Instead of complaining about something lamely, at least attempt to be the solution. Repetitive threads being posted? Actually post a thread. Preferably one that isn't identical to all the others.

--You can't expect people to treat you like best friends when they know NOTHING about you. You can't expect women to want to date/sex you if you just waltz in and yell "I'm a fat man". These things take time. Gosh darnit, you should all be over 18--you should all KNOW this stuff by now.
All of this is 100% true - and I can only second it.
But it's only one side of the story!

Communication is a two-way street - so from the perspective of newbies coming here it looks quite different.

This is a public internet board and not the private living room of a circle of friends. So in case someone new wants to join, it's only what can be expected of normal polite behavior in public to give them a fair chance.

Not all people are graceful with words, witty, outgoing, etc. at first sight, so a little time, patience and tolerance helps a lot. Some people are shy, not comfortable with spilling their intimate beans prima facie - that needs not only time but also trust.

Dissing a newbie with for him/her partially incomprehensible innuendos for their first attempts at posting isn't the most adult behavior either in my book.

It all boils down to that natives and newbies both have to do their part.

As much bashing as poor fritzi has received for her post, it has at least acheived something: It's started a real discussion, drawn many posters in or even back .... and we have some new thread ideas now.

Lil BigginZ

just a NORML guy
All of this is 100% true - and I can only second it.
But it's only one side of the story!

Communication is a two-way street - so from the perspective of newbies coming here it looks quite different.

This is a public internet board and not the private living room of a circle of friends. So in case someone new wants to join, it's only what can be expected of normal polite behavior in public to give them a fair chance.

Not all people are graceful with words, witty, outgoing, etc. at first sight, so a little time, patience and tolerance helps a lot. Some people are shy, not comfortable with spilling their intimate beans prima facie - that needs not only time but also trust.

Dissing a newbie with for him/her partially incomprehensible innuendos for their first attempts at posting isn't the most adult behavior either in my book.

It all boils down to that natives and newbies both have to do their part.

As much bashing as poor fritzi has received for her post, it has at least acheived something: It's started a real discussion, drawn many posters in or even back .... and we have some new thread ideas now.
I believe the only new members who get dissed are the ones who make their first post like, "hmu ladies, i'm fat and got 7" cock. Best looking guy here". Those are the only posts I see from new people who get dissed. Are you talking about the headless photo flash mob? lol

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
I believe the only new members who get dissed are the ones who make their first post like, "hmu ladies, i'm fat and got 7" cock. Best looking guy here". Those are the only posts I see from new people who get dissed. Are you talking about the headless photo flash mob? lol
Okay - there are types of obvious troll-dom that will not necessarily be remedied by time and patience! :rolleyes: And sometimes beg for a certain amount of educative dissing....

But that was not what I was refering to.

Although I've been around here a while, I very often have second thoughts and don't post on the BHM/FFA board. I sometimes get the vibe that as a not so frequent poster it's difficult to get a word in or that responding to original questions is frowned upon because threads are often taken to others places by banter between individual posters.

This is not always the case - but sometimes ... yeah

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
Okay - there are types of obvious troll-dom that will not necessarily be remedied by time and patience! :rolleyes: And sometimes beg for a certain amount of educative dissing....

But that was not what I was refering to.

Although I've been around here a while, I very often have second thoughts and don't post on the BHM/FFA board. I sometimes get the vibe that as a not so frequent poster it's difficult to get a word in or that responding to original questions is frowned upon because threads are often taken to others places by banter between individual posters.

i love the random perspective. the reason, in my opinion, that these threads meander so much is due to the same few people posting. you know who's going to reply and what they're going to say to any given post so it's nice for newbies to inject something fresh.

except people like Irishfandbhm. i present him to you as a prime example of what most of us hate. he has obviously never actually read a single post here. he signed up, probably fapped to every pic in the naked girl thread and then posted his completely inane thread. And now we'll never hear from him again, unless it's 6 months from now to pop in and complain that that the board is too cliquey...

Melian

Ultimate Chimera

Don't have second thoughts! Everyone is listening to you now, despite the random banter going on in the background, and I don't see anyone giving you shit.

My honest opinion on this subject is that every newbie is considered cool until proven otherwise on this board. Even if the person's first few posts involve them fighting with other members, if they eventually apologize for being a douche, they are welcomed (and this has happened a few times before).

You know, all the random silliness here should even be beneficial to new people - you post a few random jokes and people will probably rep you, start a conversation, etc. Look at SitiTomato: he jumped right into the conversation and everyone likes him. And you don't even need to get as involved as he does - the shy new posters who just want to post a quick intro (NOT involving headless pics, 1000 spelling mistakes, etc) and then sit back and read for a while are not shunned, either.

The only ones who really take it are the ones who a) write like a 10 year old (and we even learned to love ManBeef ;) ), b) troll for sex, or c) make many, MANY inane posts in a row and never admit to it, but that's going to happen basically anywhere.

BigChaz

His Eggy Roundness
Don't have second thoughts! Everyone is listening to you now, despite the random banter going on in the background, and I don't see anyone giving you shit.

My honest opinion on this subject is that every newbie is considered cool until proven otherwise on this board. Even if the person's first few posts involve them fighting with other members, if they eventually apologize for being a douche, they are welcomed (and this has happened a few times before).

You know, all the random silliness here should even be beneficial to new people - you post a few random jokes and people will probably rep you, start a conversation, etc. Look at SitiTomato: he jumped right into the conversation and everyone likes him. And you don't even need to get as involved as he does - the shy new posters who just want to post a quick intro (NOT involving headless pics, 1000 spelling mistakes, etc) and then sit back and read for a while are not shunned, either.

The only ones who really take it are the ones who a) write like a 10 year old (and we even learned to love ManBeef ;) ), b) troll for sex, or c) make many, MANY inane posts in a row and never admit to it, but that's going to happen basically anywhere.
WHAT ARE THESE WORDS RIGHT HERE? TOO LONG; NOT READING. LETS GO EAT A CAKE.

I like SitiTomato and you are spot on about the rest.

Treach

Probably my favorite part of this whole thread was that it started with people hating like crazy about it being created in the first place, and then it turned into actual discussion. And a .gif of Daffy Duck getting his jerk on.

theronin23

In Remembrance
I think there's a bit of a transitional period for everyone where it goes from, "OMG, this is a THING?! CREEP CREEP CREEP CREEP CREEP." to "Wait, there are actually some cool people here with great senses of humor, I wish to protect this place from stupidity."

And that's how it starts. Some people just take longer to transition to the second part than others. And SOME *coughvagetacough* never progress beyond creep mode.

SlightlyMorbid

Darth Cuddles
I think there's a bit of a transitional period for everyone where it goes from, "OMG, this is a THING?! CREEP CREEP CREEP CREEP CREEP." to "Wait, there are actually some cool people here with great senses of humor, I wish to protect this place from stupidity."

And that's how it starts. Some people just take longer to transition to the second part than others. And SOME *coughvagetacough* never progress beyond creep mode.
-creeps on Ronin-

theronin23

In Remembrance
-creeps on Ronin-
*clarifies*

I kind of meant this for the guys. The female creeper is fewer and farther between. I mean, they exist. Hoo boy do they exist, but it's nowhere near as much of an issue.

What I'm trying to get across with this, is that creeping on me, is TOTALLY ACCEPTABLE.

Latest posts