Why No BBW Detective Short Stories and/Or Novellas out there?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rojodi

I've been a loyal reader of Ellery Queen and Alfred Hitchcock Presents magazines for more years than I really want to admit. And in those years, I can't remember a reoccuring female character of size. I attempt to write suspense and mystery short stories - I feel I fail miserably - but now I want to mix genres, combine suspense and BBW erotica.

To this end, I've been making notes and outlines for a series of short stories and novellas with two characters, a sort of Holmes and Watson. I will attempt to write pastiches of A.Conan Doyle, the detective a BBW, the chronicler a man, not an FA, but her friend. :D

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
Ummm ... what about the Stephanie Plum take-off found here?

Stephanie of course is already a plumper in the real series - this story is about her efforts to add a few pounds to her friend and nemesis Joe Morelli

Rojodi

Ummm ... what about the Stephanie Plum take-off found here?

Stephanie of course is already a plumper in the real series - this story is about her efforts to add a few pounds to her friend and nemesis Joe Morelli
Thank you Observer, I missed that. My head was still on the magazines I read. I must pay attention more to here

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
In mystery novels, try the series by Denise Swanson--BBW author with a BBW heroine (of not clearly defined size, but plus sized at any rate). (I think that is the author's name....main character is a school psychologist in a small town near Chicago, I think one of the books was called Death of a Snake in the Grass, but I'm not great at remembering titles usually).

Risible

Monkey Daze
Rojodi, I really enjoyed the short story that you submitted a few months ago; I look forward to any new work you post, especially a suspense story. :)

KHayes666

Go away
I've been a loyal reader of Ellery Queen and Alfred Hitchcock Presents magazines for more years than I really want to admit. And in those years, I can't remember a reoccuring female character of size. I attempt to write suspense and mystery short stories - I feel I fail miserably - but now I want to mix genres, combine suspense and BBW erotica.

To this end, I've been making notes and outlines for a series of short stories and novellas with two characters, a sort of Holmes and Watson. I will attempt to write pastiches of A.Conan Doyle, the detective a BBW, the chronicler a man, not an FA, but her friend. :D
I'm workin on it....if I wasn't swamped with work I'd post one.

Victim

Oasis is JUST A BAND.
I have a detective story in my series planned. It is going to be the 3rd or 4th installment, just not sure which. You'll have to wait a while though. I'm almost done with the first draft of the 2nd installment.

Wilson Barbers

Full-time Fanta-sizer
Another decent BBW detective series is Lynne Murray's series of Josephine Fuller novels (At Large and others). Another fun series on par with the Denise Swanson books . . .

Rojodi

Rojodi, I really enjoyed the short story that you submitted a few months ago; I look forward to any new work you post, especially a suspense story. :)
I'm working on something as we speak, might not be an erotic tale, but it does have BBW characters in it.

Victim

Oasis is JUST A BAND.
I have a detective story in my series planned. It is going to be the 3rd or 4th installment, just not sure which. You'll have to wait a while though. I'm almost done with the first draft of the 2nd installment.
OK, it's going to be the 4th installment. The 3rd one is a play on the Manga theme of nubile young high school girls (in this case they happen to be FFA, a side effect of their powers) who flirt with BHM by day and go to clubs and slay demons by night.

Lardibutts

Aged Member
And please don't forget:

Alexander McCall Smith's widely acclaimed The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series tells of the delightfully cunning and enormously engaging Precious Ramotswe

"The Miss Marple of Botswana." -- The New York Times Book Review
She's a Big Lady and it's very funny stuff! For personal reasons I just love stories about Africa.

None

Enemy of Office Furniture
I wrote a short story for a class last semester about a BBW homicide detective. It's incredibly dark, and probably not what you're looking for as it is a very loose structure of a detective novel and is noir mainly in tone and content than anything. It isn't necessarily kind to her, but that is more of who she is as person rather than her being over weight, and the easy target to after her about is her weight.

Rojodi

The BBW story didn't make it into the NaNo project. But there will be a redheaded BBW in a story soon ;)

Rojodi

Premise:

In college, heartbroken Sebastian Pettijohn dreamed of lost lives of ghosts needing his help to solve their murders and to bring peace to them and their loved ones while he learned that he had a talent to retrieve missing objects. As an adult, that talent – along with a few more gifts – has been monetized properly and has been sought by three women, women of stature in Beverwyck’s society, to find one item each dearest to them; an emerald necklace, an heirloom pearl necklace, and a mysterious diary.

Latest posts