Woman Within has Plus Size Halloween Costumes

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch
Some of those aren't bad. I'm trying to find a red hood/capelet thing, preferably PVC, because I want to go as Little Dead Riding Hood this year. Haven't had any luck finding one yet.

gobettiepurple

I'm your huckleberry
They have a Malificent costume! I am so going to order that now in anticipation for halloween! YAY!

Is it bad that I would totally wear some of these things in real life, as in not in costume? lol . . . just kidding!

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
I wish they made them in larger sizes, though. I need to have one made I guess.

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
I wish they made them in larger sizes, though. I need to have one made I guess.
Ya know, I honestly didn't even look at that. I hate Halloween so I wouldn't plan on buying a costume for it so it didn't occur to me to look at the sizes ...especially since Woman Within is usually pretty generous with their size range. I looked after you posted though. Yeah, phooey. The largest I saw was 22.

Fallenangel2904

Fat Fashionista
EEEEEEE I'm already anticipating Halloween!! My favorite holiday ever!! I need to figure out what I'm going to be!

So while we have this thread going- what's everyone else doing this year??

I'm thinking of being a Fallen angel (Hence the name haha I've been trying to actually get the stuff together to be one for like 2 years now so maybe I can actually pull it off lol) Would have to get a sexy black dress, or even a corset and black skirt, fishnets, black angel wings and a black halo to pull this off- could be fun!

I was also thinking of being a nurse too since it was an inside joke between me and my ex but well obviously it's no longer funny since we broke up LOL. But still I think a nurse could be fun to do the whole sexy nurse thing :)

I was a kitty last year- simple to pull off haha.

What's everyone else doing?

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
It sucks that they only carry the "Queen" size, which is usually only 1-2X and not higher. I've seen it everywhere and the costumes they carry aren't new to me at all. Which sucks on both sides, lol

Not like it would matter much to me :D I only want a costume like the ones they have for role play ;) lol. Most of the time I just create my own costumes.

Last year I went as Slash from Guns N Roses during the day, and Amy Winehouse (ha!) at night :D It was so much fun! And I'll be doing that again this year. I'll go as Adam Lambert at night and most likely Katy Perry or Lady Gaga during the day. I've yet to plan the female costume, though.

Oh! The year before, I was Nikki Sixx during the day and Nicole Richie during the night, lol. I have a thing for dressing like a celebrity who's my total body opposite, lol.

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl

I wish they had these boots in wide and double wide. I had boots just like them in the 60's and 70's and would love to have some again...

Aust99

It sucks that they only carry the "Queen" size, which is usually only 1-2X and not higher. I've seen it everywhere and the costumes they carry aren't new to me at all. Which sucks on both sides, lol

Not like it would matter much to me :D I only want a costume like the ones they have for role play ;) lol. Most of the time I just create my own costumes.

Last year I went as Slash from Guns N Roses during the day, and Amy Winehouse (ha!) at night :D It was so much fun! And I'll be doing that again this year. I'll go as Adam Lambert at night and most likely Katy Perry or Lady Gaga during the day. I've yet to plan the female costume, though.

Oh! The year before, I was Nikki Sixx during the day and Nicole Richie during the night, lol. I have a thing for dressing like a celebrity who's my total body opposite, lol.
omg.. please post pics of your Amy Winehouse.... I was thinking of being her for a party next month.

ETA How cute is that Flintstones costume... lol

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch
My friend Kat went as Amy Winehouse for Halloween a few years back. She got a big beehive wig, stuck some beer bottle caps in it, appliqued some faux tattoos all over her arms (since she's not a tattooed lady), wore a red dress and carried around a wine bottle all night. It was hilarious.

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
I don't actually have that many pictures from that night, lol. This is the best I could find. I'm sitting in the picture and my friend had to bend down, lol. I did his makeup and lent him a wig for his costume. I also picked out and bought for him his whole outfit :p

But perhaps this face is way more like it:

I was shooting for looking like Kendra Jade Rossi at the time, but my friends decided I looked more like Amy Winehouse, and especially since I had a TON to drink that night, lol, so they all decided that's who I was for the night, lol.

could easily pull that wig out and be snooki, though. lol.

Micara

Living and Learning
I love your costumes, Carla!

My bests were probably the year I went as Mimi Bobeck or the year I went as Mommie Dearest. For her, I wore a silk bathrobe, painted my face white with dark eyebrows and red lips, and carried around a wire hanger and a can of Comet. It was a blast!

I also loved being a geisha. The makeup was awesome!

I'm thinking of being I Love Lucy this year. I have a dress that would work, and the hair and makeup intrigues me.

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
I have Halloween days in the middle of the year to test out possible ideas. I'm way too obsessed with that one day of the year, lol. I have so many pictures of so many costumes I've tried that I think I'm more often in costume in pics than not :blush:

olwen

Disco Bear
I feel like I've seen all those exact costumes on another site that sells costumes and lingerie. i wish I could remember the URL for that site. Most of those costumes didn't go past 22 or 24 on whatever site that was.

BBW4Chattery

Are there any BBW events on Halloween? I haven't been to a Halloween party in a few years and I'd like to live it up... my friends are almost all married now and their parties have taken on a different tone.

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
There's most likely quite a few events. I'm sure there will be one in a city in my province, but I've already promised a friend I would go to a dance here in my city that's more suited to his lifestyle than mine :( Wish they would give in a little and go to at least ONE BBW event with me, after I've gone to 10 of their own :doh:

BBW4Chattery

There's most likely quite a few events. I'm sure there will be one in a city in my province, but I've already promised a friend I would go to a dance here in my city that's more suited to his lifestyle than mine :( Wish they would give in a little and go to at least ONE BBW event with me, after I've gone to 10 of their own :doh:
I'm sorry you're friends aren't supporting you in that way. I don't have any friends who would go to such an event either... I'm fairly certain...

There are a few local, friends who have parties each year but I don't feel up to that... I'm already making excuses, two months in advance, ha. :)

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch
Are there any BBW events on Halloween? I haven't been to a Halloween party in a few years and I'd like to live it up... my friends are almost all married now and their parties have taken on a different tone.
I've heard about the Boo Bash, but I don't know if it's exclusively for fat people. I'm sure there are other people here who could tell you more about it.

I sometimes go to Miss Kitty's Halloween events in LA. Miss Kitty's isn't marketed as a size-friendly club, but I've always experienced a size-friendly vibe there and Miss Kitty herself is a fat woman. Although, sadly, she's not in town any more and has left her club in the hands of others who (imho) don't do as good a job of running it. Although Miss Kitty will sometimes come out to attend an event if it's a big one. My favorite was her butcher's wife Halloween costume from a few years back, where she was in a foofy blonde wig, a big 1950's dress, and a bloody apron from all the hacking she'd been doing.