Woman Within has Plus Size Halloween Costumes

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BBW4Chattery

I've heard about the Boo Bash, but I don't know if it's exclusively for fat people. I'm sure there are other people here who could tell you more about it.

I sometimes go to Miss Kitty's Halloween events in LA. Miss Kitty's isn't marketed as a size-friendly club, but I've always experienced a size-friendly vibe there and Miss Kitty herself is a fat woman. Although, sadly, she's not in town any more and has left her club in the hands of others who (imho) don't do as good a job of running it. Although Miss Kitty will sometimes come out to attend an event if it's a big one. My favorite was her butcher's wife Halloween costume from a few years back, where she was in a foofy blonde wig, a big 1950's dress, and a bloody apron from all the hacking she'd been doing.
My best friend lives in LA. Maybe a trip is in order?? Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can google.

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch
My best friend lives in LA. Maybe a trip is in order?? Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can google.
Since Halloween falls on a Sunday this year, Miss Kitty's will probably have two events that weekend, most likely Friday and Saturday. Fridays are Miss Kitty's usual night, but they often do a second night for Halloween. Saturday and Sunday are a possibility, but unlikely because I think something else goes on at the Dragonfly (the club where Miss Kitty's is held) on Sunday nights. And since Friday is Miss Kitty's regular night, Friday and Saturday make more sense. If you can't make both nights, the second night is better to attend, in my experience - more of a party. I've seen some *really* creative costumes over the years at Miss Kitty's. A lot of people who work in the entertainment industry - makeup and costuming and stuff - go to Kitty's for Halloween. A few years back, I saw a guy in a perfect replica of the Tron outfit, which he'd made himself, blue neon and all. Another guy came several years in a row as the Egyptian god Osiris, with a scepter that had real flames in it (I have no idea how he did it). I also got talking to a couple who were dressed as chef Mario Batali and his assistant. The guy as Batali was carrying a big wooden spoon which he used to spank his girlfriend/assistant all over the club.

cherylharrell

Always Mikes Big Girl
Last yr I was a fat Peg Bundy. The yr before I was Mama Cass Elliot. If I go to anything this yr, it will I may be the late Mariska Veres the lead singer of the 60's and 70's Dutch group the Shocking Blue. She was plus sized...

Latest posts