women going topless

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by likeitmatters, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Aug 23, 2010 #1

likeitmatters

likeitmatters

likeitmatters

happiness as finally come

2. Aug 23, 2010 #2

Mortx

Mortx

Mortx

While I agree Women should have rights, the problem with Them going topless is that a majority of Men find Female breasts to be sexually arousing.
    This could potentially put a Womans life in danger.

Santaclear likes this.
  3. Aug 24, 2010 #3

MasterShake

MasterShake

MasterShake

My Fist, Your Face!

[​IMG]

I'll admit to being jealous of how women in my workplace can get away with wearing long skirts or those short pants that are halfway between shorts and pants and whose name I always forget - because trust me, I would so love to be wearing shorts during this hell-summer - but otherwise I guess I don't see the point of going topless just to go topless (?).

I get that they're wanting to be "equal" to men going around sans shirt, but then I've always though such men are just being douchebags.

4. Aug 24, 2010 #4

WillSpark

WillSpark

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts

1. Capris

2. I think this would be more relevant to places like beaches, which here in America, you need a special beach for that to be the case. It's just about general equality. I mean, you can compare to Europe a lot. It isn't actually much of an issue. It's just something that is what it is. No big deal.

3. Those raelians crack me up. They are probably my favorite hilarious religion.

5. Aug 24, 2010 #5

Melian

Melian

Melian

Ultimate Chimera

Yes. We can go topless here, but it has to be in the right context, ie. beach. Several years ago, one woman was rollerblading topless in front of the GM plant and caused some car accidents....I'm pretty sure she was fined or something.

Anyway, I've taken advantage of this deal several times, and it was great :happy:

6. Aug 24, 2010 #6

cakeboy

cakeboy

cakeboy

Douchepuncher Supreme!

For a guy, I've got a pretty good rack. The more boobies the merrier I say ;)

7. Aug 24, 2010 #7

theronin23

theronin23

theronin23

In Remembrance

...Melian...topless.

WELL, I think I've found the one thing that would get me to break my personal "No Beaches" rule.

8. Aug 25, 2010 #8

Crumbling

Crumbling

Crumbling

Distilled Evil

So what is the going rate for using boobs to cause accidents?

Is it on a per car basis or a flat fee?

9. Aug 25, 2010 #9

mossystate

mossystate

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad

Ummmmm. No. Flesh showing is not going to make otherwise good and non-violent men do harm to women. The men who already do that need no excuse, no matter how many people blame women for ' asking for it '.

Would be nice if we lived in a different world. I just don't see the whole topless thing for women happening across the board - anytime...anywhere.

Ample Pie likes this.
  10. Aug 25, 2010 #10

cakeboy

cakeboy

cakeboy

Douchepuncher Supreme!

I hate the beach. Some do-gooder asshole is always trying to push me back in the water :(

11. Aug 25, 2010 #11

rabbitislove

rabbitislove

rabbitislove

24 Carrot Magic

I was hoping someone would say it.

I agree with Mel, topless on the beach, or in the right circumstance. Unfortunately I dont see it either. Mel, what are the rules in Canada currently? When I was a kid, my sister saw two girls topless hanging at the park, but they may have tightened things up.

12. Aug 25, 2010 #12

theronin23

theronin23

theronin23

In Remembrance

I live 15 minutes from the ocean. Greenpeace is at constant DEFCON 1 about my fat ass.

13. Aug 25, 2010 #13

Brooklyn Red Leg

Brooklyn Red Leg

Brooklyn Red Leg

Anarcho-Capitalism FTW!

Bleh, more Lord of the Flies crap. Sorry, but society wouldn't suddenly go batsh*t crazy if we didn't have draconian laws keeping us in our place. Its the same stupid logic that has given us Prohibition, which NEVER works. Otherwise normal men are not going to suddenly become depraved rapists the moment they see a topless woman walking down the street. After a while, things will begin to even out and it will simply be considered societal norm for there to be women who walk around with no top on.

14. Aug 25, 2010 #14

Melian

Melian

Melian

Ultimate Chimera

Are you calling me flat? :p

Yeah, some places would never EVER go for it. Hell, there are still places where women can barely be topless in their own homes :doh:

I'm not sure if the rules are really concrete, and I've only seen any related stories in the news a few times: the rollerblade woman, of course, but also an old woman who walked topless on her own property to scare away the loud neighbour children (she was not charged in the end, I believe :D ). It seems like, if you're on any sort of private property, beaches or even low-traffic public property, it's fine for women to go topless.

15. Aug 25, 2010 #15

Ernest Nagel

Ernest Nagel

Ernest Nagel

is old

Imagination may be one of the only real evolutionary advantages human beings have. Anything that stimulates that is likely beneficial in the long run.

16. Aug 25, 2010 #16

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

There was actually a charter of rights case on women's rights to go topless in Ontario....I'm thinking it might have been a couple of decades ago now? Basically the court decision came down to "If it would OK for a guy to go topless, of course a woman should have equal rights." But I don't think there have been much else in the way of court cases, so there is not a lot of case law working out what are considered reasonable bounds and expectations on people covering themselves up.

Not a lot of women have been interested in the sort of notoriety associated with clarifying those limits would be my guess on why it has not been worked out in more detail.

17. Aug 26, 2010 #17

WillSpark

WillSpark

WillSpark

King Of The Robo-Sluts

Seriously, only a religion could do something like that.

18. Aug 26, 2010 #18

Carl1h

Carl1h

Carl1h

figure O

In theory, I am all for women being able to go topless in places where men go topless. But I don't really want it to become an everyday thing that I see women topless on the street. I never want to look at a woman's breasts and go, meh, seen it. When a woman shows me her breasts, I want to feel special, I want it to be a treat, I want to feel like it's Christmas morning.

19. Aug 26, 2010 #19

Amandy

Amandy

Amandy

Snarktacular

I'm more for the bra as fashion wear (without the hooker stigma). I think my girls look better in a nice little lacy number. That, and Sue Ellen Mischke is my hero.

20. Aug 26, 2010 #20

Amaranthine

Amaranthine

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Bras do have a certain appeal to them- but they're pretty expensive =/ And many stores just don't cater to sizes that aren't in the range of average. Sometimes I feel like it'd be easier to just feel confident about not wearing one, but meh.

I'd be cool with a topless beach though. The body should be scene as something artistically natural, not something to be covered up.