• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Wondering if any of you would have suggestions ...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Not directly health related, but looking to repair some equipment so I can get back to some more healthy habits, and thought some people here might have ideas.

We have a little weight machine in our basement. About 15 years ago we'd moved for a job for 18 months and rented out our house, and the tenants stopped paying rent and pulled a runner, leaving behind only some fleas and and the weight machine. I got rid of the fleas, moved the weight machine to the basement, and have used it sporadically since (my desires for fitness and for blob-life vary in strength, and so motivation to use the machine). It isn't great, but we had it, so I used it for what it was. It didn't look new when I inherited it (there was a tear in the padding, some signs of wear), so I have no idea how old the thing is

Last night, after realizing that I'd been in my desk chair for about 12 hours and I'd sleep better if I actually moved a few muscles, I went to use it, and it broke :( The ring on one of the cables had pulled through. I can't imagine that is an expected failure mode, and I've certainly not used the thing that hard, but I guess it had a defect, or something? Anyway, it is the sort of machine where the cables feed through a huge number of pullies, and in the end there is only like two cables and they pull against each other, so with that one break the whole thing is useless :(

The question is, is there a way for me to attach a new ring lug onto the cable strongly enough for it to stay in place?

Or if not, got some ideas for not too expensive gear I could pick up to do some resistance training in an unfinished basement? (realistically I won't do it if I have to do it around other people)

Attachments

• IMG_20200826_0751351~2.jpg
    IMG_20200826_0751351~2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20200826_0752327~2.jpg
    IMG_20200826_0752327~2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back