Barbsjw

For me, here's the Big pro/con:

Pros:

Set own schedule mostly
More time with Roger
Can wear "casual Friday" clothes

Cons:

Actually have to get stuff done. ;)
Even in "casual Friday" clothes, STILL need to wear a bra! Because otherwise, that would be a disaster

Last edited:

Rojodi

We're on Day 4.
Cats still love us.
We've not fought yet.
She can do an early morning walk.
True test comes Saturday, when I'm not out of the house and in her way as she cleans - something she does since she quit smoking.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
On a volunteering basis we can work from home. I tried that yesterday. Highlights from Day1.

- Need to get used to tiny laptop screen instead of two big screens + laptop in office.

- Interesting video calls for my co-workers as my 5 y.o. was entertaining them standing behind and watching or talking, too.

- My nails are bleeding from separating Lego blocks.(these small flat ones 🙄)

- as I am not really equipped for working from home I was sitting very uncomfortable what made my back and butt hurt...

- as we have video calls: no chance for too much casual clothes at least not on the upper body, including bra lol

Conclusion: as long as we have work and we are allowed to go to our office I'll prefer going there.

So I was back in office today. Only a few people with me.

Rojodi

On a volunteering basis we can work from home. I tried that yesterday. Highlights from Day1.

- Need to get used to tiny laptop screen instead of two big screens + laptop in office.

- Interesting video calls for my co-workers as my 5 y.o. was entertaining them standing behind and watching or talking, too.

- as I am not really equipped for working from home I was sitting very uncomfortable what made my back and butt hurt...

- as we have video calls: no chance for too much casual clothes at least not on the upper body, including bra lol

Conclusion: as long as we have work and we are allowed to go to our office I'll prefer going there.

Need to move often. I learned that when I was the stay-at-home parent/app tester/beta tester.
Always keep a sweater handy, throw it on when you're braless (that came from my wife lol)

Aqw

No choice here. We have to work from home. Only special and vital workers must stay on duty on their working spots.

Rojodi

My company's technicians are going in, 4 hour shifts.
Some of us coders, programmers, and uber-nerds have helped them out, showed them where the card and blow-sh*t-up games are on the system. LOL

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I am not working from home yet, but we’re making preparations for that. If we get the order to do that I may campaign to head up to Northern Virginia to be with my family.

In the event I have to work from home and have to stay here, I’ll make it a point to never wear more than my drawers, that way I can brief important decision memorandums to senior officers while in my underwear! 😆

Corey

Corey

Immediately thought of this video when you said your son interrupted your video calls.

Overtaken By Events: Kids Burst Onto Scene Of Live BBC TV Interview

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Immediately thought of this video when you said your son interrupted your video calls.

Overtaken By Events: Kids Burst Onto Scene Of Live BBC TV Interview
Haha, yes

I tried not to pay too much attention. My strategy was - if he gets bored, he goes back to his Lego box- problem solved.

Unfortunately my co- workers gave him a lot of attention waving back to him, talking to him.... ah, did I mention I was wearing a headset and he couldn't hear them.
it was ...bizarre..

Barbsjw

@happily_married i need to look at least semi-professional at work. :). Being a woman, ESPECIALLY a fat woman, makes being taken seriously a challenge sometimes. At the office, I can leave the top button undone, no biggie (otherwise I'd feel choked). At home, I can DEFINITELY leave 2-3 undone. :D

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
@happily_married i need to look at least semi-professional at work. :). Being a woman, ESPECIALLY a fat woman, makes being taken seriously a challenge sometimes. At the office, I can leave the top button undone, no biggie (otherwise I'd feel choked). At home, I can DEFINITELY leave 2-3 undone. :D
this is an interesting comment. I have a close friend who is a fat woman and she has expressed the same sentiment. It’s one thing to be a woman in the work place but as a fat woman she feels she needs to be better than everyone else.
She also has boobs so big most guys wouldn’t know what to do with them. She’s 5’2 or so and weighs ~330, so her dimensions make wardrobe shopping a challenge.

My wife is a SAHM/W and doesn’t have to worry about the workplace but she has expressed a similar sentiment along the way when she and I have discussed if she is interested in finding a job. She isn’t worried about sexism in the workplace so much because we both know plenty of power and effective women who have job. Her concern isn’t being a woman and taken seriously but being a fat woman and taken seriously. And like my friend, her dimensions make shopping for clothes a challenge. She’s 5’4 and ~345 or so. Butt so big I’ve nearly been sucked in a few times. Her frustration with the likes of Lane Bryant and Torrid is that the designers all seem to think a woman with an ass as epic as hers must all be 5’10 or taller.

So just finding the right wardrobe for the workplace is a challenge on its own. Being better at everything than everyone else so she could be taken seriously is another issue altogether.

These are ideas we’ve discussed I. Various threads a lot here on Dims over the years.

Latest posts