World Cup 2010 Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Proner

Scruffy Scruffy
Hey, leave our keeper alone! :(

Seriously though, the Algerian keeper made an even worse mistake...at least Green got his hands on the ball in the first place :p

Well it's hard to judge as there are two huge mistakes, the Algerian keeper didn't see the start of the ball and so he couldn't appreciate well the ball's trajectory. After that he made a wrong choice by trying to catch instead of just kick it.

Jes

is oddly aroused
Sorry Denmark! *sad trombone* YOU LOSE! Hup Holland Hup!

Adrian

??
I was disappointed with Cameroon and the way they played Japan. I expected a higher level of play!

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
I was disappointed with Cameroon and the way they played Japan. I expected a higher level of play!

You know, they almost took Japan's lead away a few times right near the end there. I can't really fault them too much- if that one kick had been a couple inches lower the game would've been tied.

MuleVariationsNYC

Math ap Mathonwy

You know, they almost took Japan's lead away a few times right near the end there. I can't really fault them too much- if that one kick had been a couple inches lower the game would've been tied.

I have to agree with Adrian, Beej. Cameroon was all athleticism, no system or creativity out of the midfield to my eyes. Never going to break down the Danes that way.

Tmhays87

Reckoner
Did anybody else see the end of the match between New Zealand and Slovakia? The Kiwis evened up the score deep into stoppage time on a miraculous header to force a 1-1 draw. Awesome stuff. This is what the World Cup is all about, so much drama and raw emotion, even when your side isn't playing :D

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
ec6b4e15.jpg

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Posession is not only 9/10 of the law, it's also more than 6/10 Brazilian.

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
Korea has a very impressive defense- it's difficult for Brazil to set up their plays when there's a giant wall of red standing in front of the goal and between most of the attackers.

I think that first goal was a bit of a fluke. The second goal was just fucking beautiful, though.

Their issue is that Korea has no offense. Their entire team plays a brick wall of D, but I think that just now is one of the few times I've seen more than a handful of Koreans anywhere near Brazil's goal.

ETA: Ultimately I don't think that NK will see the second round, but I do think that it might be interesting to see how they fare against Portugal and Côte d'Ivoire.

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow
Korea has a very impressive defense- it's difficult for Brazil to set up their plays when there's a giant wall of red standing in front of the goal and between most of the attackers.

I think that first goal was a bit of a fluke. The second goal was just fucking beautiful, though.

Their issue is that Korea has no offense. Their entire team plays a brick wall of D, but I think that just now is one of the few times I've seen more than a handful of Koreans anywhere near Brazil's goal.

They havent lost yet! 5 minutes to get 3 goals....stranger things have happened :D

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
See!!! 2-1!!! Come On The Koreans! One More For A Draw!

A team with no offense just scored on the guy who's supposed to be one of the best goalies in the world.

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE

Proner

Scruffy Scruffy
North Korean were impressive in this match, good defense and a simple but efficient game. I'm glad they scored at the end because they deserved it, as Blackjack said they will probably don't see the next tour but they will give a strong opposition to Portugal and Côte d'Ivoire.

Now Brazil disapointed me, I expect a lot from them as they are one of the favorite and they only show that they could be dangerous sometimes but not during all the game. It was amazing to see how static they were during this game hopefully for them they have great lateral players with Maicon and Bastos and a very talented player with Robinho.
Kaka seemed to be lost on the field I still think that Ronaldhino or Diego should be in the Brazilian team, they are more creative than Kaka for me.

thinguyforbbw

really interesting to hear the views of Americans - I'd disagree with a lot that is being said on this thread, but then again, that's probably because I have watched the game day-in, day-out for the last 20 years and so have a lot more exposure.

And c

North Korea Were good who knew and got to say micons goal was a fluke

Latest posts