World Cup 2010 Thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

NoWayOut

Heck of a finish. On to the next day for me, which means Slovakia against Italy. The surprising thing is Slovakia can still advance if we beat Italy. The really surprising thing is that because of Italy's poor World Cup so far, I honestly believe we can win.

rellis10

tuh-maw-tow
Heck of a finish. On to the next day for me, which means Slovakia against Italy. The surprising thing is Slovakia can still advance if we beat Italy. The really surprising thing is that because of Italy's poor World Cup so far, I honestly believe we can win.

The way this world cup's gone so far, i wouldnt doubt your chances for a second :D

mango

Mustachio Nut
Well.. it's curtains for the Aussies but we did well given the amount of red cards and strikers we had sent off the field. :mad:

Maybe we can qualify for 2014 Brazil and actually finish a game with 11 men and both star strikers on the field... :doh:

Our 2-1 win over Serbia is the first time in a world cup we have beaten a European team. Afew more goals to either us (or Germany against Ghana) and we would've snuck into second spot in group D. That Germany defeat really knocked us over. :(

I'm glad England have made it through. I look forward to going to a local pub for the Germany game while I'm over here. Driving down from London through Kent, I've seen ALOT of England flags (on cars, windows etc).
The game against Germany should be a great contest as both powerhouse teams have had their struggles in form.

The British press has been loving the French team meltdown (and yet there was alot of wibbling before the win over Slovenia)

And grats to the USA on finishing top of their group! Their second game against Slovenia should have been a 3-2 victory. Clearly the best team in that group on form, they should easily breeze through Ghana.

Ghana are very lucky to make it to the final 16 given that the only 2 goals they have kicked in the tournament have come from penalty kicks. They couldn't even beat a depleted Aussie team with 10 men for most of the game last week. They have shown very little team cohesion. I only wish Germany would've thrashed them today. :doh:

I still think the form teams at this stage are Argentina and Brazil (and dark horse Holland) but its still early days yet...

panhype

Apréslist
On Sunday the uber classic again! England - Germany. Germany will grill the 3 lions. Or win by 4 disputed penalties. Any of the two :goodbye::D

mejix

meh
an american player's shot on goal was deflected by the algerian goalie with his foot and the univision commentator, very melodramatic, says something like "he had a good idea BUT THE GOALIE WEARS SHOE SIZE 12!!!!!" hehehe i love that guy.

by the way, yesterday the commentators were showering the u.s. team with praises at the end of the game. it was very moving.

Jes

is oddly aroused
the guy who scored the 2nd goal for brazil is "elano" which in spanish sounds like "el ano" ("the anus"). at some point the univision commentators were apologizing. of course the possibilities for puns are endless ("that play got theanus irritated!").

What about Maicun? I kept fearing a commentator would slip up!

mejix

meh
"So deserved! It is just. They had fought, they had proposed, they had tried. What a goal of courage, of energy, of desire, of commitment! All the heart, all the American spirit is seen in this goal. What a goal! The meaning…the next round. Golazo for all that it means!"

("¡Merecidísimo! Es justo. Habían luchado, habían propuesto, habían intentando. ¡Que gol de pantalones, de energía, de ganas, de entrega! Todo el corazón, el espíritu americano se ve reflejado. ¡Que gol! El significado… la siguiente ronda. ¡Golazo por lo que significa!")

They will probably take it down soon but here's the call on Univision.

KHayes666

Go away
Tomorrow against Ghana the US has a chance to prove they're not a fluke.

No one's beaten the States yet, lets keep it that way. Landon Donovan has been the hero so far

Wild Zero

ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
4 years ago we went out on Ghana's flopping, I hope they get run off the field.

Fuck Kingson, I just wish Pimpong was there to atone for his diving.

KHayes666

Go away
4 years ago we went out on Ghana's flopping, I hope they get run off the field.

Fuck Kingson, I just wish Pimpong was there to atone for his diving.

Don't even get me started on 4 years ago, new year and a new clean slate.

Although the way the refs have been constantly fucking the US every single game, I wouldn't put it past the referees to throw out 75 yellow cards every time one of those Ghana bastards flop

GregW

If the US shows up for the next two games, I think they have a good chance of making the semifinals. If that happens, I still can't see us beating the most likely opponent - Brazil.

Latest posts