Quantcast

World's Absolute Best Dentist!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

jazzdentist

missaf said:
Wow, a handsome FA, dentist, and BHM? Congratulations you two!

I am a trumpet player, though classically trained. I had to stop playing because of braces, and the change in the shape of my mouth-- it was quite discouraging at first. It's nice to see a dentist who caters to the sensitive needs of musicians, most dentists don't understand how important every thing in the mouth is to us!

Missaf,

You're absolutely correct. The needs of wind players are not taught in any Dental school and it is only through playing the trumpet for 38 years, both classical and jazz, that I am able to truly help musicians with their mouths.
I have saved many careers and put back together mouths that were restored improperly for horn players. It's wonderful to be able to fuse these two passions together and help people.

Dr. Peter Silver

jazzdentist

lypeaches said:
I'll second (or perhaps third or fourth) the motion...I've had the pleasure of having some dental work done by Dr. Peter Silver, and it truly was a treat. Just wish his office was more convenient to us now...

Janelle,

It's a pleasure to hear from you. I fondly remember taking care of you, and wish that I was closer for your convenience. It's always worth a fun trip to the City and a visit to me to complete a wild weekend. (as I do have Saturday hours!)

Dr. Peter Silver

Rosie

I totally understand your enthusiasm at finding a good dentist. I feel the same way about mine, who I just started to see last fall. I hadn't been to a dentist in 20 years except for when I had to get my wisdom teeth out - and it took 3 1/2 years for me to work up the guts to do that. I had that done under general anesthesia in hospital (because of my diabetes), so there really was nothing to it.

Anyway, last fall I was in the position of having a very bad tooth abscess and I had no choice but to find a dentist (I'm in a different area than I was when I had my wisdom teeth out, so couldn't go back to the same one). First appt. she just gave me antibiotics but she said the tooth had to come out and I knew there was another one that needed to be pulled as well. If I had any thoughts of putting it off because of the infection being taken care off, they went out the window when the abscess came back just a week after it going away. So, I had to get up the courage and let me tell you, I was PETRIFIED.

She (the dentist) was AMAZING! She was very patient and did not make me feel inferior for being afraid. She explained everything she was going to do and told me the *most important thing* was that I feel no pain. And she said she could stop anytime if I needed a break. It took her over a half hour to get the one tooth out, she had a heck of a time with it. But, she stopped and added more freezing when it started to hurt, and took her time waiting for it to take effect.

I have since been back to get some fillings done and she was just as good - I wasn't nearly as afraid after having gone through the extractions and I plan on seeing her regularly for checkups and cleanings now. I don't feel nearly as apprehensive about it anymore.

I have never had a horrendous experience with a dentist, the one we had growing up was pretty good, but I've been fortunate to not need much work done on my teeth until recently. It's my understanding that diabetes is hell on teeth. So, I don't know what gave me my fear but having a good dentist, that is understanding and not pushy, makes all the difference in the world.

Rosie

Latest posts