Yea! It's the weekend!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Obesus

Designated Fat Holy Man
The first meeting of the SF Magick Meetup group! The topic: "What is Magick NOT!" A fascinating chat on Ramsey Dukes' long article in "Blast Your Way to Megabucks with My SECRET Sex Magick Formula!" on how science, art, psychology and a few other non-magickal areas have gradually been grafted onto pure ceremonial magick in an attempt to make it somehow more "respectable" to the intelligentsia! Well, damn the torpedos and full speed ahead! We are taking the Pirate approach...carve the accretions away, matey! I want a very pure 15th century approach, ala' Agrippa, workable with Pop Culture Magick/Chaos Magick styles! Huzzah! Grand mugs of steaming hot coffee, heated argumentation and elegant reasoning! It will be boffo!
Lord Kenne, Mystical King of Scotland (also BHM) from the Mithras Board, Luna Aldeberan (O.T.O.), Giselle High-Tea and a few other wild and crazy folks will be there...including yours' truly, Frater Damiano Adjutor, XIII degree Rose-Croix, Illumintus de Avignon, Magister Templii of the Oriental Order of the Midnight Blue Sun and fat swashbuckler!!
(Insert Modesty Icon Here!)
PS: The "Nine-degree" problem and the Germanic origins of Magickal Orders will also be a focus! Meeting is from 4-7PM (When I get on a roll, I can YAK!):bow: :D :shocked:
PPS tomorrow at noon...the Comcast cable guy installs Broadband...whoopee!

Shylla

Felicitations on your broadband acquisition! It's a truely wonderful thing.

Jeannie

Connect the dots
Obesus said:
The first meeting of the SF Magick Meetup group! The topic: "What is Magick NOT!" A fascinating chat on Ramsey Dukes' long article in "Blast Your Way to Megabucks with My SECRET Sex Magick Formula!" on how science, art, psychology and a few other non-magickal areas have gradually been grafted onto pure ceremonial magick in an attempt to make it somehow more "respectable" to the intelligentsia! Well, damn the torpedos and full speed ahead! We are taking the Pirate approach...carve the accretions away, matey! I want a very pure 15th century approach, ala' Agrippa, workable with Pop Culture Magick/Chaos Magick styles! Huzzah! Grand mugs of steaming hot coffee, heated argumentation and elegant reasoning! It will be boffo!
Lord Kenne, Mystical King of Scotland (also BHM) from the Mithras Board, Luna Aldeberan (O.T.O.), Giselle High-Tea and a few other wild and crazy folks will be there...including yours' truly, Frater Damiano Adjutor, XIII degree Rose-Croix, Illumintus de Avignon, Magister Templii of the Oriental Order of the Midnight Blue Sun and fat swashbuckler!!
(Insert Modesty Icon Here!)
PS: The "Nine-degree" problem and the Germanic origins of Magickal Orders will also be a focus! Meeting is from 4-7PM (When I get on a roll, I can YAK!):bow: :D :shocked:
PPS tomorrow at noon...the Comcast cable guy installs Broadband...whoopee!
I have no idea what any of that means but it sure sounds like you'll be enjoying yourself!! :D Do let us know how the evening turned out!

As for me, I have let my Netflix movies sit unwatched far too long so I will be spending tonight watching "On The Waterfront" and "Mr Roberts". I'm using my Netflix membership to get caught up on Classics I've never seen or haven't seen in ages. An Italian dinner feast is accompaning my movies.

Tomorrow I'm joining my mother at her Episcopal Church for The Chancel Choir service of Sacred Choral Evensong. "This lovely traditional service of music, prayer and meditation will include the singing of Mozart’s SOLEMN VESPERS for chorus, soloists and orchestra." I'm not a regular church goer but I love Mozart and I love a good church choir. I'm looking forward to the event! My mother's sister will be in town for a short visit and will be joining us. Afterwards there will be a rousing game or two of 3 handed Canasta. (My favorite card game) :cool: Now whoever said I don't have an exciting life!?! ;) :D

I might even clip my toenails if I feel really wicked! :cool:

**Yea for Broadband sweet Obe! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Shylla

Oh, and as for what I'm doing this weekend... Stargate DVD marathon. :p Also, possibly watching some movies.

Jeannie, I understand what you mean about using movie rental memberships to catch up on classics. I'm in walking distance to a Blockbuster and I love going through their collection. I once rented 60 movies in a month with the 2 a day membership thing -- was a LOT of fun, and I'm glad it didn't make them rethink that offer. XD

Last night, I rewatched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Plans for tomorrow... Probably homework or computer games. I'm a geek and don't know anyone in the town I just moved to, so these are the things I do. :D Maybe I'll read a book... I've gotten quite a stack of them lately that I want to read. Right now, I'm reading The Strange Woman -- a very old book I never heard of, and found at an used book sale. Something about it looked like a classic to me, though I'd never heard of it. It is rather a strange story.

Obesus

Designated Fat Holy Man
San Francisco-y! Kenne went to the wrong coffee shop...nobody showed up until 6:30PM, but then we had Max Wolf, his girlfriend Amy, Luna, Stephen and my ex-wife's boyfriend, David....it was boffo, indeed, but we talked about anything except magick! It was mostly catching up...most of these folks are the ones I did performance art with back in the 1980's...I cut a record deal with Max, though while we were schmoozing....yahooooo-ey!!! Max is a well-known poet and writer and I used to do musical accompaniment for his readings back in the day, with Frank Discussion on guitar. This bodes very well....the meetup was a great success and then afterwards, my ex-wife set me up on a date with her boyfriend's ex-wife, Maggie! (Again, very very San Francisco!) Maggie is about 25, drop-dead gorgeous and has a Southern accent...I was on my BEST behavior! LOL The show was phenomenal and very poignant, since it was clear Ornette is getting on in years and his precious presence is not eternal...it was a meloncholy but beautiful performance. Sigh. After taking Maggie home and a discrete hug, Suzi let me play with our Cinderbunny (Suzi, my ex-wife, David, her boyfriend and Maggie, his ex-wife live in rooms next to each other in the same apartment building....again, very Frisco!)...just a walloping good eve!
Miss Jeannie...were you ever to grace the ground of San Francisco, you know I would have to take you to Grace Cathedral for Sunday Evensong, with both the Men's and Boy's choirs performing together...it is beautiful enough to make one shed a tear....I started doing the Episopalian thing and converting from my wicked fallen Roman ways, but I balked at the retreat at the center up in Marin...I suppose I shall have to remain a wicked heresiarch for a while more...! LOL
Italiano dinner and movies....sigh....sounds just perkamous! The toenails connote wickedness? Hmmmmmm....perchance you were being a tad facetious? LOL You are just a hum-dinger! :D

Jeannie said:
I have no idea what any of that means but it sure sounds like you'll be enjoying yourself!! :D Do let us know how the evening turned out!

As for me, I have let my Netflix movies sit unwatched far too long so I will be spending tonight watching "On The Waterfront" and "Mr Roberts". I'm using my Netflix membership to get caught up on Classics I've never seen or haven't seen in ages. An Italian dinner feast is accompaning my movies.

Tomorrow I'm joining my mother at her Episcopal Church for The Chancel Choir service of Sacred Choral Evensong. "This lovely traditional service of music, prayer and meditation will include the singing of Mozart’s SOLEMN VESPERS for chorus, soloists and orchestra." I'm not a regular church goer but I love Mozart and I love a good church choir. I'm looking forward to the event! My mother's sister will be in town for a short visit and will be joining us. Afterwards there will be a rousing game or two of 3 handed Canasta. (My favorite card game) :cool: Now whoever said I don't have an exciting life!?! ;) :D

I might even clip my toenails if I feel really wicked! :cool:

**Yea for Broadband sweet Obe! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Obesus

Designated Fat Holy Man
It sounds like you will be having a cozy Autumn weekend...I wish I didn't have fifty billion things to do on my one day off...but life piles it on, eh? The Broadband will be wondermous, but then I have to frammus my way all the way over to the Kaiser pharmacy site to haggle with them on a prescription! Yikes! That might involve a side-trip to the Little Debbie snack cake store on the way though...could be promising! ROFL
I hope you enjoy your movies and reading....!:bow:

Shylla said:
Oh, and as for what I'm doing this weekend... Stargate DVD marathon. :p Also, possibly watching some movies.

Jeannie, I understand what you mean about using movie rental memberships to catch up on classics. I'm in walking distance to a Blockbuster and I love going through their collection. I once rented 60 movies in a month with the 2 a day membership thing -- was a LOT of fun, and I'm glad it didn't make them rethink that offer. XD

Last night, I rewatched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Plans for tomorrow... Probably homework or computer games. I'm a geek and don't know anyone in the town I just moved to, so these are the things I do. :D Maybe I'll read a book... I've gotten quite a stack of them lately that I want to read. Right now, I'm reading The Strange Woman -- a very old book I never heard of, and found at an used book sale. Something about it looked like a classic to me, though I'd never heard of it. It is rather a strange story.

Jeannie

Connect the dots
Big Ben SC said:
Sleeping!
:cool:
I'm jealous! As someone who rarely sleeps, I'd love to spend the entire weekend doing nothing but!

Shylla, Obsesus is right, your plans for the weekend sound so cozy and relaxing! :)

As for mine, well... WHY has no one told me there would be such Gorgeous BHM at church!!??!! OMG (no pun intended), will I be struck dead by a lightning bolt if I say I want to go back to see these men again? :shocked: Okay, the service was beautiful and inspiring and I will go back to enjoy another evening listening to the beautiful music and prayer service but... Oh My. So many BHM there!!!! Three that really made it difficult to focus on the service were sitting one row over and up. They appeared to be brothers. One was early 20's and probably 275. The next was 30ish and around 325. The next, mid 30s and 375ish. All beautifully dressed, well kept, and just amazing to look at. They were obviously members of the church and very into the service. I'm such a heathen for sitting in church lusting after the big men sitting all around me. *hangs head in shame*

Tim, it's definitely a date. I would love to accompany you when I visit S.F. again!!! AND, I promise to be a good girl and not lust after the BHM in the congregation. *crosses fingers behind back* ;) :D

BigFusionNYC

Tsk Tsk Tsk, evil thoughts in church. That is a one way ticket to hell. I think you need the Right Reverend Jorge Assante (that would be be) to absolve your sins.

Jeannie

Connect the dots
BigFusionNYC said:
Tsk Tsk Tsk, evil thoughts in church. That is a one way ticket to hell. I think you need the Right Reverend Jorge Assante (that would be be) to absolve your sins.
HAHAHA! <--- *nervous laughter*

As I was sitting there, looking at the backs of all these reverent heads, I wondered just how many were thinking about sex (or just the opposite sex), as I was. Probably no one.

What is the matter with me!!??!! :doh:

*slinks off ashamed*

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Jeannie said:
As I was sitting there, looking at the backs of all these reverent heads, I wondered just how many were thinking about sex (or just the opposite sex), as I was. Probably no one.

Ummmmm, I can't say about that church in specific, but in church in general I know you aren't the only one.......

-Ed

keith

Uh sweetie? i know the origins of the practice of wearing one's sunday best came from a sense of reverence for the divine, but i'm fairly sure if folks weren't looking at each other and generally using their faith communities as a massive meat market, that tradition would've faded long ago. therefore, i would conclude that not only were you not the only one indulging in a bit of eye candy, you were probably a part of the vast majority doing the same thing.

btw, there is absolutely nothing the matter with you.

hugs!
~keith

Jeannie said:

*slinks off ashamed*

Jeannie

Connect the dots
Keith:wubu:

awww, your post made me laugh and made me cry (in a good way).

You always have such a wonderful way of putting things.

I know both you and Ed are right. :bow:

Zackariah

Hmm... had no idea what my weekend would look like before, but it seems like the diagnosis is: panic about school, sit on the computer too much, and eat a lot. This is why most people do plan their weekends ahead of time, I'm sure, heh. I did have plans to attend a LAN party, but they fell through, as LAN party plans are wont to do.

Also, on a side note, my personal belief is that you can't be held morally accountable for thoughts, but only for actions. After all, the only person who can be hurt by a thought is yourself. Then again, take my opinion with a grain of salt, I'm proud to be a heathen, and I'd probably side with the Stoics, out of all the western philosophies I've studied thus far.

Obesus, you sound like you would make quite the interesting conversationalist.... I actually followed about half of that post, about H.C. Agrippa and all. I'm only just beginning to study such things, and it seems like anyone in the occult community around here is either Wiccan or a member of a Druidic grove.... not my style, to say the least. If I'm ever in SF again, (which I certainly intend to be, my last stay was far too short) we'll have to meet for coffee ;)

Shylla

I have to say, I'm surprised at how many BHM you found at that church, Jeannie. I always had the impression that gluttony was considered a sin among even modern-day Christians -- although, that doesn't seem to deter many from being gluttons. :D I never met any BHM or anyone that interesting looking during my forays into organised religious groups. Most Christians I've met were quite the opposite of BHM, and tended to dress-down, so as to be less good-looking than their potential.

I'm glad to hear that you're able to meet people to your liking in your religious circle, Jeannie, and though I can't speak as a member of your religion, as an outside observor, I get the impression that your religion condones thoughts of relationships or lust that have pure intentions behind it in church -- after all, they wouldn't be so into marriage and having weddings and all in church otherwise! So, I say you should feel free to ask some guys out, and not worry too much about where you were when you first laid eyes on them.

Obesus

Designated Fat Holy Man
....of the Diocese of Avignon and a holy man, initiated in the the lineage of the Perfecti and the Holy Grail, I have only one thing to say:
"You gooooo, girl!" Woo-hoo! Waa---hoo!
Ahem.....:bow: :D

Jeannie said:

*slinks off ashamed*