You know you are an Fa when.......?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

mergirl

when people are talking bad about fat women and you end up getting aroused
Nope, don't get it AT ALL. If people are being shit to fat women i get angry and tell them off. This is my first response.
What do you mean? Am i missing something here?

mergirl

Be careful of your wording, this is extrememly easy to take the wrong way.
I think I understand the point you are trying to make but I know I'm an FA when people are talking BAD about fat women and I find myself angered and want to defend their position as people that deserve the minimal respect of any other person or group.
Rollhandler
Can i ask you, what point do you think he was trying to make?

frankman

The Eternal Cowboy
I expect he meant that when it's not really trashy, he gets aroused by the same stuff other people use to scold. Stuff like:

"Look at that, she's got more chins than a chinese phonebook."

Others chuckle, he goes oooh yeah. Stuff that in-the-closet FAs say to divert the attention from the fact that they too are staring.

And somewhere deep down I guess you knew what he meant too, and didn't really think that when it got really insulting, he'd be all horned up.

mergirl

I expect he meant that when it's not really trashy, he gets aroused by the same stuff other people use to scold. Stuff like:

"Look at that, she's got more chins than a chinese phonebook."

Others chuckle, he goes oooh yeah. Stuff that in-the-closet FAs say to divert the attention from the fact that they too are staring.

And somewhere deep down I guess you knew what he meant too, and didn't really think that when it got really insulting, he'd be all horned up.
No. I didn't know what he was talking about. Not even deep down. This is why i asked him. I have just never had the experience of hearing someone being bullied and me getting turned on. Never. Only angry.
Thats interesting though.
Ive never hung around with people who thought it was funny to make fun of fat people though, so i wouldn't know. If anyone i don't know said anything shitty about another woman based on looks to me..they would be laughing on the other side of thier face by the time i was through with them.
NO NO NO.
I won't be grouped in with this sort of disgusting behaviour.

rollhandler

I believe it was about off color size related jokes. I can understand where he comes from if that was in fact his intended point of topic.

When a good off color joke is made a mental picture is formed. Just as my screename is often taken to mean something sexual, in the context of this forum, so also a good off color fat joke is often taken with a sexual mental picture and in the mind of some FAs. Not only can the joke be funny for the mental picture it makes, sometimes where the joke leaves off the train of thought leaves the station to erotic pastures. Intent and content make the difference between anger and erotic in these instances for me.

For Instance In the context of the YO' Mama jokes;

In the past I've had jokes made about my girlfriend being so fat and me being so skinny that she sat on me once and it took a week to find out where I was.

Point 1) I laughed at the joke due to the mental picture of me being so skinny as to get stuck in the crack of my girlfriends butt. Yes, I have a good sense of humor about my size and my preference. I also have a very vivid imagination which brings me to.........

Point 2) This got me thinking about my girlfriends butt being large enough to achieve this. This got the train of thought to leave the station for further erotic exploration of that line of thought.

3) The resulting hardon was not easy to hide a few moments later as my thoughts started rolling along those lines.

The people in question know my preference, what size my GF was, and were not being derogatory either to my GF or myself. Their intent was good natured ribbing (see the conversation in my signature) and although it was a fat joke, it was actually directed at me personally for MY skinnyness. Had it been meant in a derogatory manner not only would I have NOT laughed or gotten aroused but I would have gotten angry and indignant toward the bigotted behaviour.

I believe our Fellow FA made a very common male mistake and used language cruder than necessary and used a wrong word or slang term instead of common or more courteous terminology and yes I called him on his word usage immediately.

With luck he gets it and this mistake wont happen again.
I considered the source immediately looking at his post count and registration date. They are out of proportion being registered for years with only 4 posts. I also took offense to the language and what it insinuated. However, I believe that his intent was one of commaradarie his error one of eagerness, and am willing to reserve judgement, hoping instead that his language skills and word usage improve with further posts. Seeing my post immediately below his will (I hope) help his posting skills.

Rollhandler

mergirl

I believe our Fellow FA made a very common male mistake and used language cruder than necessary and used a wrong word or slang term instead of common or more courteous terminology and yes I called him on his word usage immediately.

With luck he gets it and this mistake wont happen again.
I considered the source immediately looking at his post count and registration date. They are out of proportion being registered for years with only 4 posts. I also took offense to the language and what it insinuated. However, I believe that his intent was one of commaradarie his error one of eagerness, and am willing to reserve judgement, hoping instead that his language skills and word usage improve with further posts. Seeing my post immediately below his will (I hope) help his posting skills.

Rollhandler
So basically, he will learn to lie about what he is actually feeling or try to descibe it in such a way that it does not seem quite so hanus. Basically he was talking about getting off when people are being derogitory to fat women. You can wrap a ribbon around that and it still isn't pretty. I don't think words are the problem here.
I just can't imagine any of my friends telling a 'yo mama' style joke aimed at me or my gf because they have more respect than that for both of us and arn't 12. Maby its a boy thing.. Do any other ffas get turned on when you hear fat men/women being the but of jokes??
Maby i'm the weird one here.

balletguy

u know u are an FA when....you are at the beach or at the pool and see a BBW and need to jump in the cool wanter to cool yourself off

rollhandler

So basically, he will learn to lie about what he is actually feeling or try to descibe it in such a way that it does not seem quite so hanus. Basically he was talking about getting off when people are being derogitory to fat women. You can wrap a ribbon around that and it still isn't pretty. I don't think words are the problem here.
I just can't imagine any of my friends telling a 'yo mama' style joke aimed at me or my gf because they have more respect than that for both of us and arn't 12. Maby its a boy thing.. Do any other ffas get turned on when you hear fat men/women being the but of jokes??
Maby i'm the weird one here.
You asked what I thought.
I made an assumption based on my experiences as an FA male and a lack of information about how he portrays his preference in public, I merely point out one way that his wording can be taken in a manner less negative than it may seem at first blush. Someone else also brought up another context that it COULD have been meant. Both of us were simply giving alternate contexts and making no claims to knowing with any certainty the mind of the original poster.

I know that men tease each other about their girlfriends and men make jokes about the stereotypes of women in much the same way that women make the same jokes about men. If it is good natured,and without ill intent, it can be funny, and in some cases it can be theraputic. All I did was reserve judgement of a percieved slight of language choosing instead to give the benefit of the doubt that his intent wasn't derogatory.

As far as talking bad in the context of degradation/denigration toward women, fat or otherwise, I don't consciously condone the behaviour any more than I would tolerate it toward any ethnicity or social grouping. If he is a closeted FA and quietly getting aroused at degrading types of conversations and jokes or even participating in it to deflect attention from himself as an FA then he is complicit to the behaviour and that is wrong! I have neither the tolerance for that type of behaviour, nor would I associate myself with it or defend it knowingly.

Rollhandler

spartan1

thanks for all the support on my last post i just thought that up off the top of my head

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
You know you're a FA when you play the song "From Small Things", and hope the girl gains weight, not fame

joswitch

Exile from Main Board
You prefer the 'before' to the 'after' pics.

That was my first thought though i'm sure there are lots of answers to that question and the answer will be different for everyone.

xmer
when you see a gorgeous bbw as you're out and about and suddenly your whole damn day is that much better... it's like the sun just came out inside you! :)

rollhandler

You know you are an Fa when....... you realize that you've been given the wondrous gift of seeing and experiencing the beauty and allure of fatness.
How about when you travel to another country and start a magazine and website to help fellow FAs and BBWs connect and communicate and grow as a community, helping many grow and understand that they aren't alone, we aren't as strange as many of us grew up thinking, and publicly acknowledging to the thinner world at large the fact that fat girls are more than just desired but (as every FA already knows) desirable!
I cannot thank you enough Conrad! You set an example that is admirable to all FAs
Rollhandler

mergirl

How about when you travel to another country and start a magazine and website to help fellow FAs and BBWs connect and communicate and grow as a community, helping many grow and understand that they aren't alone, we aren't as strange as many of us grew up thinking, and publicly acknowledging to the thinner world at large the fact that fat girls are more than just desired but (as every FA already knows) desirable!
I cannot thank you enough Conrad! You set an example that is admirable to all FAs
Rollhandler
yeah, that one has been done already!! lmao :D
How about.. You know you are an fa when... Dimensions tells you.
Before that i just thought fat people were hot. Now i know i have a whole name that describes that!

rollhandler

yeah, that one has been done already!! lmao :D
How about.. You know you are an fa when... Dimensions tells you.
Before that i just thought fat people were hot. Now i know i have a whole name that describes that!
Whoops, exhausted late night posting............ not the greatest idea I guess.
Oh well it bears repeating anyway.
Rollhandler

gothowl

You know you're an fa when you're not ashamed to be seen with her
in public...
Espescialy when you are at a fast food joint and you see her eating 3 or more burgers,and you have a huge smile on your face while you look at her and think to yourself: "damn i love her""

Lightning Man

Lover of Voluptuousness
DM Supporter
You know you're an FA when you're not ashamed to be seen with her in public, especially when you are at a fast food joint and you see her eating 3 or more burgers,and you have a huge smile on your face while you look at her and think to yourself: "Damn, I love her."
Well said!

Latest posts