You know you've been fat a long time when...

Discussion in 'Weight Board' started by RealMe, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Feb 10, 2017 #21

DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW

We purchased 2 a couple of years ago. I think it was from Living XM. We wanted to make sure that they were strong enough so, I ordered the 1,000 LB ones. When they arrived, my partner was REALLY, why two, we can both fit in one.
    To be totally honest, they are really to big, super strong and to heavy to carry to a concert. We did take them to a couple of concerts, but "Chivalry was dead" they were too heavy for him to carry both. :doh:

2. Feb 10, 2017 #22

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

Thanks Diana thats great info.
    I have seen something like that before and wondered about them.

3. Feb 17, 2017 #23

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

You know you have been fat a long time when you gain 20 lbs and a friend asks if you lost weight.
    Seriously that happened to me today LOLOL.

4. Feb 17, 2017 #24

RealMe

RealMe

RealMe

Peace in acceptance. <3

Let's get to know each other better before we shar
    Ohhh nooo!

Maybe you look more "even"? When I lose weight my top half gets smaller faster making my bottom half look bigger. I look more balanced the larger I am.

5. Feb 17, 2017 #25

Leem

Leem

Leem

Leem

You know you've been fat a long time when you dont even notice your stretch marks anymore.

6. Feb 17, 2017 #26

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

I'm not sure what she was thinking LOL
    I have gotten so big around the middle I don't see how she thinks I lost weight.
    Maybe with my belly getting bigger I don't look as wide.
    I think your balance theory makes sense.

7. Feb 17, 2017 #27

RealMe

RealMe

RealMe

Peace in acceptance. <3

Ha! So right!

8. Feb 17, 2017 #28

SSBHM

SSBHM

SSBHM

Weight and your frame just seem to change as you get older. I think I look skinnier than I did when I was in fact was lighter since working out some.
    I am definitely bigger on my top half the past year or so. I should update my photo to show the change I guess.

I think you know you've been fat for a long time when... you walk on a floor you've never walked on before, and you sort of test it before taking a full step. (I prefer to error towards being cautious - I have broken through some wood flooring a couple of times!) :doh:

9. Feb 18, 2017 #29

RealMe

RealMe

RealMe

Peace in acceptance. <3

Yes!

That reminds me of the time I went to look at a house for rent... the owner had installed beautiful laminate wood floor (like Pergo) and as I followed him through the house the poor floors creaked and groaned under my feet but made no sounds under his. I had to keep talking to distract him because a couple times he gave a puzzled look at the floor. I didn't rent the house because I was afraid I would break the floor!

10. Feb 18, 2017 #30

DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW

DianaSSBBW

My bother is a big guy and he had just closed on his house and went to do a walk thru. He was walking out to the deck when he went thru the wooden floor. He came to visit about a week after and both his legs were all bruised and badly scratched and full of cuts and he was in lots of pain. (it does happen)
    I asked him :doh: How did you stop? he game this look.... and said really... with my balls.

11. Feb 18, 2017 #31

Imp

Imp

Imp

Close to 425!? I've seen you on these boards for a long time--I had no idea. From time to time you've posted pictures and didn't look even close to 425!

12. Feb 18, 2017 #32

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

I would guess those pics were from years back and I wasn't as heavy as I am now.
    The past year or so my weight has shot up quite a bit and I'm sure I have mentioned that, perhaps you missed that.

13. Feb 18, 2017 #33

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

AmyJo1976

SSBBW & FFA

OMG! That's a horrible thing to happen, but I couldn't help but laugh at his reply lol!
    I broke a step on the deck at my aunt's house a few years back, they were old and probably a little rotten. I didn't fall through it, but I skinned my shin really bad on the next step up:( I always walk to the outside on steps now lol!

14. Feb 18, 2017 #34

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

I giggled at his answer Diana but that must have been awful.
    AmyJo that sounded painful too.
    Luckily I have only broken one wooden chair and several folding lawn chairs.
    Going thru a floor OMG !!

15. Feb 18, 2017 #35

StrugglingWriter

StrugglingWriter

StrugglingWriter

I don't read through or participate in the boards as I used to, so you're probably right. It seems to me that you had lost a lot of weight--maybe when you took the picture for your avatar--and would go up a little and down a little. Oh, the sands of time!

16. Feb 18, 2017 #36

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

I did have calcium build up in both ankles that I had to have surgery on so yes I did have to lose weight before they would operate because at 375+ I would have a hard time with rehab having to put that much weight on a healing ankle.
    They did each ankle one at a time so I could heal properly.
    That was several years ago and I have gained all the weight back plus some.
    Yes my avatar pic is an older one.

17. Feb 19, 2017 #37

Imp

Imp

Imp

Now that's a history that makes you a Weight Board star! :bow: Except for the ankles and all. Hope all is better.

18. Feb 19, 2017 #38

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

Ankles are fine now and I'm no star just a regular person.

19. Feb 26, 2017 #39

TwoSwords

TwoSwords

TwoSwords

You know, it's funny. Every so often, I'll be out and about; doing some shopping or going for a walk, or getting gas (these days it's usually when I'm grocery shopping,) and I'll see a woman whose size and shape just floor me. In some cases, it'll be so much more extreme, because they'll be moving a certain way, or standing a certain way, or doing a certain thing that further accentuates their features, and even if I know nothing about them, I get this instant image in my mind; not necessarily of them, but of all the best things in the overall experience of the moment. It can be a simple thing for them; just walking from one place to another, and yet, for me, it can be life-changing, and I'll remember the sighting forever.

A big example of this was a short nature walk in Maine, where I spotted one SSBHM and two SSBBWs with a little girl who was probably related to them. I could go into more detail, but they were doing that walk that some fat women do, where they swing their arms a little as they move. That's always charming. Anyway, I smiled and waved hi. I don't know if they even noticed me, and I've certainly never seen them again, but I'll tell you something. Ever since then, I never go to Maine without visiting that trail, and taking a look over the bridge and path where the experience took place.

Don't underestimate the effect you can have on people, just by being there. That's all I'm really saying.

20. Mar 25, 2017 #40

fat9276

fat9276

fat9276

Aside from breaking chairs, have you ever had a lawn chair or metal folding chair sink into the grass as you were sitting on it? It's happened to me enough, that I won't sit on them anymore. :p:blush: