"You smell like Saturday mornings"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Zowie

Zowie-Zilla
I haven't seen this thread yet, and if I did miss it, I'm sorry.

So, I was sitting on the subway today next to a pretty good looking BHM. But more importantly, he smelt WONDERFUL. Really warm and spicy but very clean too. Anyway, that made my morning.
I think that the smell of a person is really important, perfume or no.

So, what is the general opinion on perfumes/colognes?
And do you wear them? And which? Describe it!

As for the title, that's what mine smells like, or so says a friend. It's Dior, "Escale à Pondicherry".

ouroboros

Smelling good is very important to me (I use miracle by lancome as well as anything from L'occitane) I also like my men(or just people in general) to smell nice too.:p

stldpn

I'm traditional I wear cologne almost every day, but I refuse to spend 50 bucks on a tiny bottle so... I normally wear either drakkar or aramis. They are both, essentially, sandalwood based scents.

djudex

I'm out
I love a nice subtle scent on a woman, when she walks by and you get a brief whiff and you think to yourself "My God did she really smell that good? I need a closer sniff!"

That being said I wear Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana and I have been told by many women (and one man) that I smell "yummy". Well okay, the guy said I smelled good, not yummy. That would have been creepy.

RentonBob

I always get back up...
I usually wear Calvin Klein Obsession. Have since college :)

veil

boston based bluestocking
I haven't seen this thread yet, and if I did miss it, I'm sorry.

So, I was sitting on the subway today next to a pretty good looking BHM. But more importantly, he smelt WONDERFUL. Really warm and spicy but very clean too. Anyway, that made my morning.
I think that the smell of a person is really important, perfume or no.

So, what is the general opinion on perfumes/colognes?
And do you wear them? And which? Describe it!

As for the title, that's what mine smells like, or so says a friend. It's Dior, "Escale à Pondicherry".
i like warm florals, most of my perfumes are vanilla based (i love to bake, in every sense) but with a warm, darker note like sandalwood or amber. a bit of nature-flower-clean scents and a bit of warmth & sensuality is what i like on myself, and often on others as well.

my favorites are stila's creme bouquet (sadly discontinued :sad: boo hoo), some scents by lolita lempicka, and lush's vanilla perfume.

~da rev~

Call me Axel
Sometimes I put on an extra layer of deodorant and it kinda smells like cologne.

NYC_FFA

My hubby always chews fruit gum, so he always smells sweet. I didn't realize for the longest time that it was because of the gum. I thought it was his cologne or something until I smelled it when I was around some of my friends. One of my friends was chewing the same gum, and I was sniffing around going, "Something smells like my man...what is that???" :D

Geodetic_Effect

I don't like the smell of cologne. Maybe I've only smelled the bad ones. I've also given up on deodorant because I don't like the smell. I just shower more often instead.

Tyrael

Gone
Normally its just a good shower and some deodorant :).

But for special occasions:

Jean paul Gaultier - Le Male

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
i've always liked Curve for myself, kind of old school now though.

But on a woman I looooooooooooooooooooooove Angel perfume! Whenever or wherever i smell it i just go all gooey and fall to the floor in a soft heap of smiles and goo goo eyes, lol. Seriously though, i've totally hit on 60 year old women who were wearing it just so i could be next to them and smell it. It should be outlawed...

warwagon86

All Over The World
I have 3 scents just depending on my mood or how im feeling decides what i go for:

To be honest my favourite has to be the Bvlgari but during the winter i found myself using the Davidoff more.

The Acqua Di Gio is my usual all rounder.

Esther

Queen Black Acid
Kinda lame... but I love the smell of Old Spice on a guy (but a lot of fathers and grandfathers wore this scent... so I can see why it is a turn off for some).
I get bored of my own fragrances easily, so I have a collection of half-finished perfume bottles on my dresser. I tend to choose perfumes that smell edible (fruity, spicy, sweet, citrus) rather than florals. I like smelling like something you could take a bite out of ;)

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
I LOVE cologne on a man! My husband has a few different ones, but they all have this similar, sweet undertone that drives me crazy (don't know any of the names, though).

Personally, I always use these subtle body sprays that smell like either cotton candy or vanilla cupcakes. :p How refined....

theronin23

In Remembrance
Wow, I'm the only cheap ass that resorts to the Axe effect? LOL

The Axe chocolate scent is fucking delicious smelling. On a regular basis I use this stuff called "Mascolino" (I know, I know lol) it's like an axe style knockoff of Aqua Di Gio, and I like it.

One more embarrassing one, a good 5 or 6 years ago now, I bought this The Fast And The Furious branded cologne when I used to work at Big Lots. It came in a spray bottle that looked like a small windex or car cleaning product bottle. The smell of it was amazing, and it didn't quit! I actually still have some left.

ogie

don't wear cologne normally but if i get dressed up.. you know suit, tie, cufflinks and all that jazz. i will throw on a little cologne. wrists, neck and my nether region. i only use Ralph Lauren Purple Label. Best cologne ever.

Wanderer

Actor at Extra-Large
I don't use colognes myself, but that's more a function of budget than of taste. The best one I've ever had a whiff of was a citrusy, woody scent in a department store cologne section; I can't remember the name, though.

Group builder