• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

You WILL NOT believe this article!!!!!!!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alvinolagnia

The following is an apalling article that was posted in my college's magazine:

"Hungry? Why NOT Wait

Although they’re called eating disorders, I find that anorexia and bulimia are more a lifestyle choice than a physical or mental ailment. Just like any other kind of lifestyle choice, such as homosexuality or being a cowboy, one cannot strictly say that anorexia and bulimia are bad or good. However, it is popular misconception that these eating lifestyles are bad and unhealthy. Not true.

Consider:
First, the choice not to eat is a wise and commendable one. I will agree that bulimia, the act of eating and then vomiting, is extreme; however, I believe it is extreme dedication to the cause. What is this cause? Eating lifestyles can go two ways—skinny or fat—and between the two, fat is the larger problem. Obesity is a shameful lifestyle, just look at Louie Anderson or Mama Cass. Obesity is also more dangerous than anorexia. You can’t choke on a ham sandwich if you don’t eat it. Fat people are selfish because they eat only for themselves. Anorexics on the other hand are noble. By starving themselves they are committed to an ideal, and that ideal is the improvement of overall beauty. By eliminating fat people we can finally begin to focus on other serious issues, such as ugliness. For instance, we as a people can begin to eliminate smelly people, bad teeth, and freckles. Unfortunately, this cannot occur unless we eliminate the most dangerous threat to physical beauty, which is fat.

Face It:
Most people have unbearable personalities. They therefore depend on physical attraction in order to get a mate. If you’re fat, you aren’t physically attractive, which then leads to the high probability you will die alone. Ugliness is a sign that one should not procreate. Once everyone becomes thin, we can weed out the other forms of ugliness. We’d finally be able to attractively cleanse the world’s population without having to resort to genocide.

In today’s unforgiving society, eating lifestyles are often connected to self-esteem issues—depression, loss of control, feelings of worthlessness, problems communicating, and an inability to cope with emotions. What causes these problems? It isn’t public pressure as many people assume. It’s a result of fear—a fear of fat people. Keep in mind that this is not a vendetta against fat people; rather it is an argument toward the benefits of eating less.

If you study all of the fad diets, one trend is almost always present—eat less and you weigh less. Anorexics are a prime example of that philosophy. They eat less and, by most accounts, they weigh much less than the average human. Of course not everyone can weigh less than 100 pounds, that’s a preposterous idea. Nonetheless, it is possible for everyone to adopt a conservative eating lifestyle, lose much weight, and, in the process, become a healthier and more beautiful person.

You might wonder why I haven’t mentioned the positives of eating too much, because that too is a type of eating disorder. There is a simple answer for that: There are no positive reasons for eating too much unless your only goal is to become a sideshow freak.

Anorexics and bulimics are truly concerned with the wellbeing of society. Americans are often criticized for being too fat. This criticism prevents us from focusing on other issues and it also punishes those who want to be thin. Double-stuffed Oreos are a thing of the past. Who caused this to happen? It wasn’t the anorexics or bulimics.

Society has a tendency to dehumanize anorexics and bulimics, and this habit must end in order for people with these eating lifestyles to be able to gain self-confidence and live in peace. Anorexics aren’t bad people and bulimics aren’t rapists, so why does society treat them as lowly criminals? Soylent green may be people, but maybe it’s time for anorexics and bulimics to be people too."

My response (I hope they print it!):

"To the editor:

I am appalled by the article called "Hungry? Why NOT wait" in the Think Smooth, Think Views! issue of the [name withheld]. I realize that the point of the issue was to open up a medium for people to express their points of view, but that article had no foundation for its argument! Maybe it was written with the goal of sarcasm, but the claims within had no support to back them up.

I quote from the article, "Fat people are selfish because they eat only for themselves. Anorexics on the other hand are noble. By starving themselves they are committed to an ideal, and that ideal is the improvement of overall beauty."

This comment disturbed me greatly. How does starving oneself make one noble? Most anorexics and bulimics have true psychological disorders, which destroy their bodies and their mental self-images!

Many anorexics and bulimics turn themselves into skeletons, not unlike the emaciated figures of the Holocaust. Often their journeys of starvation only lead them to death. Is that beauty?

What makes skinny beautiful? Only someone brainwashed by the images of the ever-shrinking females of Hollywood would believe someone in an anorexic or bulimic skeletal state to be beautiful.

I am not saying that obesity isn't a problem. Obesity is most certainly a serious health issue in the United States today. However, one can be somewhat overweight and still be healthy, still be beautiful. Do not ignore the severity of such disorders as anorexia and bulimia. People with these disorders need help. Their actions are NOT noble. They are destroying their bodies. Calling such actions noble is what causes young girls to experiment with sticking their fingers down their throats!

People come in all shapes and sizes. Beauty can be found in many forms. Anorexia, bulimia, and obesity can all lead to serious health issues.

To the author of the article: Do not undermine the severity of anorexia and bulimia because you think obesity is more disgusting.

Thank you,
A concerned reader"

I cannot believe that someone would write such a thing!!!!!!

:mad: :confused: :doh: :shocked:

Latest posts

Back