• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Young BHM's & The Preasure to be smaller

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escapist

Belt Buster!
So I just saw this show on MTV tonight I didn't really catch the name of it (doesn't really matter) but the whole show was all about these retarded social pressures to be what your friends want you to be (specifically thinner).

Personally my friends never gave me no such pressure that I was aware of. I partly got upset watching this show because (warning escapist rant ahead) the guy in the show was totally made out by his friends to be undesirable because he was chunky (277 lbs). They tried to force him to ask girls out on dates (so he wouldn't be the 3rd wheel without a date). That of course blew up in his face because he was totally insecure about doing it and virtually zero connection with the girl who had been set up to be with him. Heck it was almost uncomfortable to watch, he was devastated to hear another girl say no yet again.

So the show of course was about this "chunky guy" doing what his friends and everybody told him and loose weight. He dropped 20 lbs in 6 weeks. Asked a girl out (in a much less threatening atmosphere that the previous girl), she of course said yes. The show went on to say how fine and dandy his life was not that he fit in with his friends and what girls want. :mad:

I guess this is partly why I go on my rants about building self confidence and dating skills if you don't have them. I used to fall for the crap of "I'm to fat for someone to want me" only to learn it was utter BS. You can be the hottest guy on Earth, you might get some play, but nobody is really going to want to be with you if you have no social skills and your no fun. Conversely if your chubby and even just moderately attractive but have a great positive warm and invitingly fun personality that has just a hint of naughty you'll probably never need to worry about dates.

I worry that other chubby guys(even girls) watch this show and go oh yep I'm to fat to be loved. There is no problem with gaining a little fitness or doing it cause you know its right, but to me its a whole other issue when you do it just to fit in, or be liked by your "friends".

Whats your guys(and girls) take on shows like this or even just people around you who do this?

Latest posts

Back