Your craziest recipes

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DazzlingAnna

It's not a bug, it's a feature.
Supporting Member
Let's have a thread for crazy recipes or unusual food combination.
Pineapple on pizza, pickles with Nutella or whatever you created while cooking/baking and noticing you don't have the ingredients available that are needed.

Today I had red currants left over and wanted to make jam, but didn't have enough and I needed an additional ingredient. Completely uninspired I asked google for "currant jam and ..." and chose the first suggested fruit I had at home.
Banana.

So I cooked a red currant- banana jam.
I was really surprised because I didn't expect it to be that tasty. Sweet and sour.

20210725_155615.jpg

Okay, that's probably not the craziest recipe - so what's yours?

I'm definitely a fan of pineapple on pizza. Every pizza.

Ooh, a light spread of Vegemite is really good on a grilled cheese sandwich, and also a wee dob of it in a beef casserole really brings out a strong savoury note.

Reactions: Tad
My own little fusion cuisine that ironically enough started here on Dimensions.

So someone posted a copycat recipe for White Castle sliders. I've been making it as one my sort of tailgate options for years. One day out of the blue I thought a fun change of pace would be to make it with Picadillo instead of just ground beef. So now I offer that to people as "Puerto Rican sliders." It's not stellar, but I've gotten good feedback from a lot of people. It's just a bit saucy so it ends up being like a fancy sloppy joe. lol

Reactions: Tad

Latest posts