Quantcast

Your favorite Halloween candy

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Orchid

Long ago from youth remember the small tri-color cone shapes white/yellow/orange sweets forgot the name was imported from USA to local grocery shop other place of my youth not here.

Orchid

I think not sure in the 1960s candy/sweets were made only with real sugar not the artificial sweeteners.

Rob hudson

DM Supporter
When I was a kid, I always liked getting the smarties and sweet tarts and bottle caps. Or those bubble gum lozenges that looked like tootsie rolls. Or skittles. One year, I got sour skittles and I was hooked.

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator
I know I should stay away from candy corn but it's really difficult, especially when mixed with peanuts.
And speaking of peanuts, those mini PayDays? Certainly my downfall during halloween.

Attachments

Orchid

Planter's peanut candy in a red metal tin also fond memories of that long ago in the 1960s.

Green Eyed Fairy

Funky Faerie Queene
Candy apples- caramel covered with nuts or chocolate....or even coated in the hard red coating. Season of the Candy Apple has always been my fave!

bbgrrlll

I know I should stay away from candy corn but it's really difficult, especially when mixed with peanuts.
And speaking of peanuts, those mini PayDays? Certainly my downfall during halloween.
Unfortunately we don't have those in Canada, but they are really good

squeezablysoft

It's so hard to choose! The shorter answer would be what candies do I NOT like, which is pretty much just Tootsie Rolls and most candies with "creme". But I really love almost any chocolate candy with nuts, Almond Joy, Mr. Goodbar, old faithful Snickers, my second favorite chocolate candy Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (especially the Big Cups cause more peanut butter), and my favorite chocolate candy (one of the best things to ever happen to my mouth) Peanut Butter Snickers.

As for non chocolate candies, I do like candy corn, Smarties, Sweetarts, Skittles (but not as much since they replaced my favorite Skittle the lime one with green apple), Nerds (yes I know they're literally just sugar that's the point!), Pixy Stix (especially the blue ones, they have this weird "cool" flavor that I love), and my favorite non chocolate candy Twizzlers (every variety except the chocolate or black licorice ones but especially the sweet n sour filled ones).