Quantcast

Your favorite healthy foods

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

spiritangel

AmandaClause
Hi SpiritAngel! I really love the new avatar, BTW. You are so beautiful. You're beautiful soul really shines through. Next time I go to the international market and pick up green tea I will post the kind you are looking for. It comes in a goldish/bronze tin with black writing and is relatively inexpensive. Now, do you like the kind with the toasted rice?
Huggles wow thanks, I am not sure I know the one I like has like a barley looking grain at the bootom or some such, I am not sure I have had it with the toasted rice so will have to leave that up to you thats such a sweet and generous thing to do :)

and thanks for the compliments totally made my day :)

LoveBHMS

default title
I have a spaghetti squash sitting on my table. It's been there for 3 weeks. Could you tell me what to do with it? Frankly, I was going to cut it in half, steam it in a pot of water, and eat it with butter and salt. That is if I can get over my fear of it. I'll take all the suggestions I can get.
cut it in half, place it in the oven with the open side down and roast for about 45 minutes-1 hour. Take it out of the oven and run a fork across it which will created spaghetti like strands. Season it as you would any pasta; butter, olive oil, parmesan, marinara sauce, garlic...whatever you like. it's a very easy squash to prepare and it tastes incredible. Just google it and you should be able to find very easy preparation guides.

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
My favorites list:

Asparagus, bell peppers (I like the red ones best), broccoli, legumes - mostly pinto or red kidney beans, spinach (cooked or raw), mushrooms, red/purple cabbage, sweet potatoes, whole green beans, garden fresh tomatoes, avocados and olives. I also love, love, love sundried tomatoes!

Cherries, apricots, green grapes, honeydew melon, apples (red delicious or golden delicious are my favorite), clementines (mandarin oranges), watermelon, pears, figs, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, bananas. I also love pineapple, but can only eat the canned (in it's own juice) variety as fresh tends to break my mouth out in ulcers. :eek:

Cheese! Especially fond of mozzerella, colby/jack mix, cream cheese, baby swiss. I love eggs too - especially in mushroom/cheese omelets. Yum, Yum!

Greek yogurt! I eat the plain variety with fruit and nuts mixed in.

Nuts: Cashews are my fav! Also like macadamias, pecans, hazelnuts, filberts and walnuts.

All natural Peanut Butter - I could live on this! I love it with 85% Dark Chocolate, bananas or on sliced apples. Peanut butter with dark chocolate is one of my favorite snacks. Another is string cheese and grapes.

I love green tea too! I drink it iced in the summer and I sweeten it with stevia. I drink it hot too. I love a lot of herbal teas as well and keep stocked on teas from Celestial Seasonings.

I drink Silk Unsweetened Soy milk. I've developed an intolerance to milk and ice cream over the years. I still eat sugar-free ice cream, but have to take lactaid to do so. I've drank Soy Milk so long that Cow's milk no longer has an appeal to me.

Old fashioned oatmeal cooked with raisins! I sprinkle cinnamon and drizzle a bit of McNut oil on the cooked oats and cover it in Soy Milk. This is my breakfast most mornings.

I eat meat too, but can't afford the free range kind. Basically, I stick with chicken breasts. I bake it in the oven and drizzle MacNut Oil (Macadamia nut oil) over it and sprinkle basil, oregano, celery salt and some times garlic salt on it. I often chunk up the baked chicken in a salad mix of spinach, avocado, tomatoes, bell pepper, cubed mozzerella and sometimes I'll toss some nuts in for crunch. I usually make my own vinegrette dressing. I use MacNut Oil, red wine vinegar, a few seasonings and sweetener. (I have cut sugar out of my diet, so my one non-natural compromise is often Splenda.)

My favorite seafood is shrimp. I also love scallops, mahi mahi (any mild white fish), and calamari (habachi style only). I will also eat salmon, if we go out to a restaurant for it. There is a Chinese Restaurant in Abilene that we love called "China Star". They have several shrimp dishes and usually have baked salmon on the buffet.

Punkin1024

Summer's already here!
I'm talking about clean and simple foods that are eaten close to the way Mother Nature intended.

I have a bit of insulin resistance which I have gained control of by cutting out all processed foods, grains, and simple sugars. The sugar is the worst for me! Today I ate a serving of 85% dark chocolate which only had 5 grams of sugar and within 30 minutes my blood glucose went from 110 to 70 and then back to 110. I hate that feeling of my body chemistry going up and down. What I have noticed, is that even though fruit contains sugar, it does not cause me to have high blood glucose or reactive hypoglycemia. Only processed foods do this to me. I'd love to see what natural foods others are eating! And in my book, butter IS healthy! :eat1:

OMG I could go on forever! I love food but like I said, my chemistry is so sensitive that I feel like a crazy person if I deviate from whole foods. BTW, if anyone wants or has crazy delicious smoothie recipes, I am your girl!
Dolce, have you tried eating something like natural peanut butter with the dark chocolate? A little protein and fat with carbs will help prevent insulin spikes. :)

Resson

My favorite healthy foods are vegetables and fruits.These foods have lot of vitamins and minerals which are good for human body so i eat these food.I can eat all vegetables and fruits.

lypeaches

vegetables and fruit...but lately I've really been into broiled fish. All kinds of fish. Just take a fillet, mist it with a little olive oil, a little salt and black pepper, broil it for about 10 minutes. That, combined with some vegetables, makes a yummy supper.

Miss Vickie

Today's healthy food was brought to you by... spinach.

I put some in a spaghetti sauce and it was so good! Easy to do, adds a little something-something to the dish, and packs a lot of nutritional punch.

Mmmm. Spinach. It's what's for dinner.

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
Today's healthy food was brought to you by... spinach.

I put some in a spaghetti sauce and it was so good! Easy to do, adds a little something-something to the dish, and packs a lot of nutritional punch.

Mmmm. Spinach. It's what's for dinner.

i love Spinach,gotta have that Vitamin A.:happy:

Bananaspills

My favourite healthy lunch lately... Tin of chickpeas, drizzle on some olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and put it in the food processor to make a paste. Add some chopped green onions and tomatoes, and eat it with cream crackers, breadsticks or similar. Mmmmm...:eat2:

Jes

is oddly aroused
Will I be shunned if I admit I love prunes?

Jes

is oddly aroused
Shunned? No. Mocked mercilessly? Absolutely. :D
Oh you stop it, you young whippersnapper, you!

(oddly enoug, after a heapin' helpin' yesterday, I didn't ... 'go' as I thought I might, today).

Also? If one more person asks the question 'could it be perimenopause?' when I mention how I feel, I'm going to go off like Shark Week. Someone should train a camera on me now in order to capture the carnage.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance
I love salad and fresh fruit. I can't get enough of them.

Oh and green beans, in any way, shape, or form.

Lamia

Like OMG!!
I love fresh spinach. I have been putting it on everything lately. I love that Subway offers it.

Tracyarts

" Will I be shunned if I admit I love prunes? "

LOL, not by me because I love them too. Unfortunately I have to treat them like candy because of the (natural) sugar content. But, I usually keep a package in the pantry so that I can have a few for a treat now and then.

Tracy

Windigo

The wolf spirit
Favorite healthy foods:

-Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
-Cherries, peaches, watermelon, pear, mangoes
-Cauliflower, bok choy, chicory, beetroots, onions, carrots, red bell peppers
-Potatoes, sweet potatoes, whole wheat spaghetti, pandan rice
-Whole wheat artisan bread
-Coconut oil, olive oil
-Goat's cheese, cottage cheese
-Smoked salmon , fresh tuna, halibut