• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Your favorite movies from your year of birth

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scorsese86

Likeable conservative
With the Oscars fresh in mind, and me being a movie buff, I was just wondering what everyone's favorite movie is... with a twist. What's your favorite movie from your year of birth? Or movies?

You can choose just one... oh, no, that's too difficult, right? I've decided to go for three, but it's up to you. Try limit yourself, but please, post some of the favorite movies that came out the same year as you yourself... erm, came out.

I was born in 1986, and I've decided to go for my three personal favorites from that year:

1232997915-large.jpg

1) Platoon
A very powerful war drama about the war in Vietnam and the loss of innocence. Charlie Sheen has never been better, and Willem Dafoe and Tom Beregner are perfect as the two fathers fighting for the right of his soul.

blue-velvet.jpg

2) Blue Velvet
David Lynch is quite the filmmaker. This suburb nightmare is yet another original from him, with a blue-eyed Kyle MacLachlan being mixed into a dark, strange world he can't understand. Dennis Hopper steals the show as one of the craziest movie villains of all time.

ferris_buellers_day_off.jpg

3) Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Every boy's dream! One day away from school, no rules (except those you make for yourself), just fun, fun, fun. Jeffrey Jones is such a creepy guy in this movie, (and it seems not all was acting), and mr. Broderick has never been more inspiring nor charming. Also, Jennifer Grey was HOT!

Latest posts

Back