Quantcast

Your worst moments with the opposite sex

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

That Guy You Met Once

They don't necessarily have to be sexual or weight-related, but tell me about some of your most awkward, infuriating, or humiliating moments when it comes to relationships, flirting, or anything else like that.

I know a lot of people, like me, have had tens of these experiences, so I think we should keep it to three per post for brevity's sake, please.

1. In my senior year of high school, me and a few of my friends would hang out at the arcade on some Friday nights. One day, while everyone else was playing DDR, I saw a pretty girl that was looked bored, and I introduced myself. We talked for a little while, and soon we started flirting.
About 20 minutes in, she smiled at me, leaned over and whispered in my ear that she wanted me. I froze up (and probably looked like an idiot), but eventually managed to say that I felt the same way. She told me she had to go to the bathroom, but she'd get back to me as soon as she was out.

While she was gone, security threw me and three of my friends out for "loitering." We were all paying customers, but they said we weren't spending ENOUGH money. I was going to run back in and get the girl's number, but one of my friends started making a scene and cussing out the guards, which pretty much fucked that plan up.

I asked everyone if they knew who she was, but none of them did. I never saw her again.

---

2. In the cafeteria in my sophomore year of high school, a girl I knew was complaining, as she often did, about how "fat" she was. (She weighed about 130 pounds, for the record.) I innocently told her that she wasn't fat, just a little thick at most, and she looked good. She took it as an insult. She started screaming and crying, and her boyfriend, who I didn't know was there, punched me in the back. He was far more fit than me, so instead of hitting back, I just got the hell out of there.

The next day, I heard that she'd ODed on diet pills that night and passed out. Needless to say, I avoided her from then on.

----

3. Two days ago, having my girlfriend of a year tell me this (I'm paraphrasing a 10 minute conversation here):

"I have to admit: I'm not really an FFA, I was just pretending to be one the whole time because I thought it's what you'd want. Would you mind losing some weight?"

That flew in the face of everything she'd told me over the past seven or eight months. I still have no idea what to tell her.

altered states

señor member
3. Two days ago, having my girlfriend of a year tell me this (I'm paraphrasing a 10 minute conversation here):

"I have to admit: I'm not really an FFA, I was just pretending to be one the whole time because I thought it's what you'd want. Would you mind losing some weight?"

That flew in the face of everything she'd told me over the past seven or eight months. I still have no idea what to tell her.
"It's been real."

Weirdo890

"It's been real."
You say to her:

"I have to admit it. I never really loved you, I just said that so I could harvest your organs. Now that you have revealed the truth about yourself, you've just speeded up the process. Now lie down on the table and no screaming."

CCC

A good friend of mine (who was the girlfriend of another good friend) came crying into my arms one night after she and him fought and broke up. Mind you, I had been crushing on her for years and giving obvious signals, but I could never make a "move," persay, because that would betray the trust of my other friend, and because I'm not a homewrecker by nature.

So anyway, I comfort her for several hours, telling her that it's not of the end of the world, the sadness will pass eventually, etc., and the next day they're back together, as if nothing had happened, PDAing in the hallway. Boy did I feel crappy. Always the best friend, never the boyfriend; that sort of thing.

But whatever. I can't take anything from high school seriously anymore. It's all so meaningless looking back now.

MatthewB

Still Not Ginger!
Well, I think every moment with the opposite sex has been my worst moment, particularly around large girls; I look at them and just freeze up. I know I ought to have more confidence, but... damn. :(

Fatpatriot

They don't necessarily have to be sexual or weight-related, but tell me about some of your most awkward, infuriating, or humiliating moments when it comes to relationships, flirting, or anything else like that.

I know a lot of people, like me, have had tens of these experiences, so I think we should keep it to three per post for brevity's sake, please.

1. In my senior year of high school, me and a few of my friends would hang out at the arcade on some Friday nights. One day, while everyone else was playing DDR, I saw a pretty girl that was looked bored, and I introduced myself. We talked for a little while, and soon we started flirting.
About 20 minutes in, she smiled at me, leaned over and whispered in my ear that she wanted me. I froze up (and probably looked like an idiot), but eventually managed to say that I felt the same way. She told me she had to go to the bathroom, but she'd get back to me as soon as she was out.

While she was gone, security threw me and three of my friends out for "loitering." We were all paying customers, but they said we weren't spending ENOUGH money. I was going to run back in and get the girl's number, but one of my friends started making a scene and cussing out the guards, which pretty much fucked that plan up.

I asked everyone if they knew who she was, but none of them did. I never saw her again.

---

2. In the cafeteria in my sophomore year of high school, a girl I knew was complaining, as she often did, about how "fat" she was. (She weighed about 130 pounds, for the record.) I innocently told her that she wasn't fat, just a little thick at most, and she looked good. She took it as an insult. She started screaming and crying, and her boyfriend, who I didn't know was there, punched me in the back. He was far more fit than me, so instead of hitting back, I just got the hell out of there.

The next day, I heard that she'd ODed on diet pills that night and passed out. Needless to say, I avoided her from then on.

----

I went on a date with a girl when I was in collage. I accidently farted in the car and had to take her back home. Note, it was a first date.:doh:

Aurora

Kushy Curves
You said they don't have to be sexual, but I've got to share.

I broke my boyfriend the first time we had sex. Yeah, broke him. He was sore for three days. Poor guy loved me enough to stay with me though. XD He's a real trooper, he is, lol.

Oh, and then there's the guy I took a 30 hour greyhound bus ride to go meet who ended up being self-centered and was really leading me on for two years and it took me that long to figure it out. Yeah, that was fun. Sometimes I really miss him and then I have to remind myself of all the heart ache he put me through.

I need a woman.

collared Princess

I wanted to say that IM really sorry about your girlfriend..wow people are so strange...

I had my chance one time with a guy that I was deeply in love with..The first time I met this guy time froze and everything was in slow motion just like the movies..after wanting him for so long he invited me over to his part of our job and he had the lights turned down and soft music playing..He leaned in to kiss me and I screamed and ran...WOW great move huh...lol needless to say I never had a second chance..lol

NoWayOut

You said they don't have to be sexual, but I've got to share.

I broke my boyfriend the first time we had sex. Yeah, broke him. He was sore for three days. Poor guy loved me enough to stay with me though. XD He's a real trooper, he is, lol.

Oh, and then there's the guy I took a 30 hour greyhound bus ride to go meet who ended up being self-centered and was really leading me on for two years and it took me that long to figure it out. Yeah, that was fun. Sometimes I really miss him and then I have to remind myself of all the heart ache he put me through.

I need a woman.
That's ridiculous that anyone would think leading someone on is a great idea. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

drxprime

My Ex-Ex-GF cheated on me twice with her cousin, and I still took her back...both times... :doh:

Kellye

Cupcake Lover
Well, I think every moment with the opposite sex has been my worst moment, particularly around large girls; I look at them and just freeze up. I know I ought to have more confidence, but... damn. :(
I felt like that every second of every day until I was about twenty three. Then I stopped caring :happy:

It's easier said than done, but someday you'll realize your own self worth.

Slamaga

An headbanger's journey
I had three relationships of 2 weeks each, so two weeks or 14 is my damned number, yeah 14 like valentine as I can see :doh::p. I had also eight fake starts and the last one I lived it friday night. I feel crappy about this. Just to say, I've heard all the fake answers to flush someone in love.

For the last girl with who in didn't happen to get in relationship with, it was a good firend of mine. She was a well pretty redhead girl, well proportionned; she is so passionated in her implication at my school as I do too, she likes to dance, to party, she is going to medecine and she's loving science etc. and etc. Oh well she's someone very direct too.

I thought she was teasing me a little so I decided to tease her too, but I'm shy. but (again) I wasn't that bad (this time). The problem is that she is more confused by love than I can be and she said to me that she didn't feel love for nobody, frienship yes, but love, really not. She felt bad and wanted me to stay with her as a friend, but it pisses me off. but (again) I feel in love still and I want to make see her how to love. Maybe if I wait for time, it will go on something. But I feel a little pissed off.