• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

A bit of comic book/pop history. Take a look

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les Toil

Fellow comic nerds, gather 'round. For a few years now I meant to get a screen capture of this old episode of the TV series "Naked City", a great cop show from the early 1960s. The show boasts being the first TV show to be filmed on location, and with this series the location was NYC. Anyway, here's a screen capture of crazed beat poet (Burgess Meredith) interacting with a blind newsstand man. Not only do we see the first appearance of Spider-Man and Thor, I do believe I caught a glimpse of the first appearance of The Hulk. A true comic book authorative could tell us exactly what month this was filmed.

newsstand1.jpg

newsstand2.jpg

These old "Naked City' episodes are great for seeing the first performances of young actors that went on to superstardom such as Dustin Hoffman, Robert Duvall, Gene Hackman (those three particular actors also happened to be hungry and ambitious friends/roommates in NYC during that time), Christopher Walken, William Shatner, etc...

Back