• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

A Day That Will Go Down In My History - by Xandman (Essay, Introspection)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xandman

Essay, Introspection - One FA's journey to awareness

A DAY THAT WILL GO DOWN IN MY HISTORY
by Xandman

I remember when I was about 6 or 7. I had a daily routine: wake up, pop in to the kitchen and get myself some breakfast, watch tv, go to school and come home and watch tv.

"Ah, the good ol days." Every day it was the same thing, untill one faithful day, and i remember it like it was yesterday.

I came home from school and I made a snack and then I turned the tv on and the old Nickelkodeon cartoon "Rugrats" was on. I was starting to watch nothing major untill i saw "IT" - one of the 4 things that molded my mind when i was young.

"IT" was an episode where the kid Chucky wished he had never been born. It showed tommy's house and his cousin Angelica was a big fat immoble blob. She had Tommy's mom and dad cooking and she was supposed to be so disgusting but in a way i couldn't turn away - I was awe struck.

Well, the cartoon ended and i went to get a snack. I came back and sat down to catch the show "Doug." The cartoon that was shown was one where Doug went to his grandmothers and gained some weight. In the span of one hour I went from the thought of fat to the actual process of becoming fat.

I thought to myself "wow i like the bigger versions of them better but I dont know why". Well, after that it was around 4:00 and at four I would turn it to the family channel for the afternoon movie.

I sat and watches as the credits started to roll on "national lampoons europeian vacation" and I hadn't seen it so i started to watch. I was kinda too young to catch some of the humor but then i saw the scene that is still fresh in my mind even 15 years later, Clarks's daughter Audrie is sitting in a dining hall and is being fed faster and faster untill she is literly growng fatter in front of the camera.

Once again I was awe struck. The movie was over but I didn't pay attention. I was too busy thinking about someone being fat, then someone actuly gaining weight, to someone being fattened, by now i was thinking "wow that is so cool"

My dad came home a few minutes later and my mother made us dinner. While I was eating all I could think about was someone growing fatter. I was literally obsessed with this. Well, dinner was over and I went to my room and hung out and played my nintendo. I got bored and flipped on the tv and then i saw a woman on a talk show. She was huge but, unlike the cartoons or movie, she was real. She was talking about she was overweight and people didn't find her attractive. Then the host got comments from the audience and one guy said" you are blessed with a true body."

I was confused, people find fat women sexy?...wow, so the feelings I was having aren't just me being wierd

Well the years passed and it all started slowly. In my high school art class while other kids drew "model" girls I did a sketch of a large woman. Sure I was made fun of but i had art, they had crap. In gym class as captain I picked the "fat girl" first in kickball, and at my prom i had a date with a lovely BBW.

"Yay me", I thought. "I know the lingo now."

My life as I know it has been changed by that one fateful day, the day I was introduced to the idea of someone being bigger also being lovely.

Latest posts

Back