• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

A Somewhat Disturbing Development

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne_Zitkus

Proud FA Since 1962
Over the past few years, I've been seeing billboards and TV ads and hearing radio commercials for the plethora of weight-loss surgical centers here in the DFW Metroplex. Recently, I started hearing commercials for a new center that offers three different procedures - lapband, gastric bypass, and "the new Vertical Sleeve procedure", as they call it in the ads.

The part I find disturbing is that according to the ad copy (and I'm paraphrasing here), they're directing their ads toward people who lose weight, only to regain it. And then the female announcer says "If you're 60 pounds or more over your ideal weight...."

I thought WLS was intended for "moridly obese" people who cannot lose weight any other way. Now it's practically being reduced to the level of a cosmetic procedure for people who aren't that large.

I'm not sure what to think about this. What do YOU think???

Latest posts

Back