• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

BBW Tribute Album Update! New songs + more name musicians added! (hear samples)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ!

Part man. Part fruit.
Hiya gang!

Just popping in to let you know what's been going on with this cool project. Over the past month, several new songs have been revealed, with samples posted at the album's official MySpace page. Check 'em out and see what ya think!

http://www.myspace.com/WholeLottaLoveTribute

Poison's "Unskinny Bop" has been added, with a few subtle lyrical changes to make it actually about fat girls! And for that added level of authenticity, the track is performed by Evick (a.k.a. 3/4th of the Bret Michaels Band).

Also revealed is a cover of Spinal Tap's tongue-in-cheek ode to the well-padded posterior, "Big Bottom!" This song is brought to you by guitarist Eddie Ojeda of iconic rockers Twisted Sister, alongside his solo outfit, Eddie Ojeda's Band of Steel!

SSBBW and longtime Dimensions forum member Celisa Stratton (Celestial Ceece) gives all meaning to the title track "Whole Lotta Love," with the help of drummer Frankie Banali and guitarist Alex Grossi of the legendary Quiet Riot!

Tooting my own horn for a moment, my alter ego C.C. Banana also performs on the tribute, covering the song "Spit" by Kiss! Naturally, I've redubbed the song "Split," in reference to my own yellow magnificence. :)

l_8de98a5022484dc39721127d983b3d1a.jpg

These 4 songs are in addition to the previously announced "Fat Bottomed Girls" featuring L.A. Guns vocalist Phil Lewis, and the AC/DC concert staple "Whole Lotta Rosie" featuring Cinderella guitarist Jeff LaBar! And there is still much more to come!

All in all, this awesome album will feature platinum selling artists performing songs in honor of fat girls around the world! I'm working hard to get this project mainstream acknowledgment and it's beginning to happen, little by little. Just last week I was interviewed by Salon.com, and below are links to pieces at Jezebel.com and iVillage. While it's clear that not everybody is yet on board with such an unorthodox project as this, I'm hoping that in the end they will come to appreciate the validity of the concept and the sincerity of its intent. I've been devoting 60+ hours a week to this project for the past year and a half, all unpaid and entirely out of pocket, because I believe that fat women deserve such a salute and that it's high time somebody stepped up to give them one.

Oh, and in case you haven't seen it yet, below is the sumptuous cover art by your friend and mind, Les Toil! I'm hoping this will go a long way towards conveying the fact that the album is meant as a genuine tribute and is in no way mocking or belittling the size acceptance community. As indicated, this has been a labor of love for me so I'm very much looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on the matter, pro or con.

My thanks to everyone who has e-mailed me about this project, I'll do my best to respond as soon as I am able. Still lots to do on this end! In the meantime, enjoy the samples above and I'll check back in with little updates along the the way.

AJ!

WLL-cover-large.jpg

Latest posts

Back