• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Candye Kane: "Gene Simmons hit on me, I turned him down"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ!

Part man. Part fruit.
I'd paraphrase this for everyone, but at the moment I'm a bit overwhelmed getting the album prepped for its big release next week. Wish me luck!

In the meantime, enjoy the anecdote...

Celebrated blues diva Candye Kane, recent cancer survivor and 2010 nominee for the B.B. King Entertainer of the Year Award, becomes the final name player added to the upcoming tribute album "WHOLE LOTTA LOVE: An All-Star Salute To Fat Chicks." The voluptuous and curvaceous Candye appears courtesy of her size-positive original recording "You Need A Great Big Woman," as showcased on the Lifetime network and "The Maury Povich Show." This guitar-laden swing rocker features the incomparable Ms. Kane belting out the benefits of loving a large and luscious lady like herself. A sample of the song is now available at the official "WHOLE LOTTA LOVE" MySpace page.

http://www.myspace.com/WholeLottaLoveTribute

As Candye Kane reveals in the very lyrics of the song, "I like to sing the virtues of a big girl because I never did see myself (or women like me) on the cover of 'Cosmo' or 'Vanity Fair.' I only saw myself on the cover of 'Plumpers & Big Women' and 'Hefty Mamas!' But my message to you is, you've got to love your body and love yourself... and love everyone else's body if you get the chance! It works for me, baby."

Candye is one of but few women on the roster, which consists largely of members of such hard rock bands as Quiet Riot, Cinderella, Twisted Sister, Danger Danger and L.A. Guns performing songs about plus-sized women like her. Despite her minimal association with the genre, she does recall an encounter she once had with Kiss bassist Gene Simmons (who has publicly acknowledged his own appreciation of full-bodied women).

"Even though I'm honored to be included here, I'm not normally in the company of rockers," admits Kane. "I think the closest I got was back in the '80s when Gene Simmons hit on me! This was when I was recording my first album and he was producing some Japanese band (EZO) in the same studio. I turned him down, so I'm probably one of the few women who can say that! Back then I was more into country music so I said, 'Maybe if you were Dwight Yoakam!' I'm sure he wasn't accustomed to hearing that!"

Also confirmed for the tribute is the inclusion of the track "BMW" by the mysterious Dogwhistle, a funk/rock fusion combining two of man's favorite things: girls and cars. "BMW" is a brand new song composed expressly for this project and is available nowhere other than the tribute. A sample of the song is now available at the official "WHOLE LOTTA LOVE" MySpace page.

Further details can be found at the SplitScreen Entertainment website.

http://www.SplitScreenEntertainment.com

WLL-cover-large.jpg

Latest posts

Back