• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Curvage replacing Dimensions

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mica Vim Toot

I've noticed a traffic migration away from Dimboards and I have more than just anecdotal evidence of this.

The Dimboards have new competition and over the past year the competition, Curvage, has overtaken Dimboards with a clear trend indicating this will continue.

Chew on this:

View attachment graph.jpg

Simple numbers as of 02/01/08:
Dimboards registered members: 16214
Curboards registered members: 21109

Now Dimensions has been around always. If you dig fat, this was the place to go. But in barely a year, "Curvage has bellied up to the bar" as the data shows.

Why is this?

Both sites provide a nearly identical product: Fat. Beautiful fat and lots of it.

Both sites do not provide an identical experience though.

The one difference between the sites is the moderation.

Dimboards moderators- all women. Oppressive and controlling by nature. That's not my view of all women but it is certainly my impression of these women moderators.

In an effort to be polite I will refer to the most egregious examples by their initials only: Tina and Sandy and even AnnMarie to a lesser degree. Whoops, I forgot their initials.

Their behavior in similar moderator positions at other fat forums has been the same. This core of serial moderators is the difference between a stagnant and declining Dimboards and the vibrant and expanding Curvage boards.

Curboard moderators- men. Laissez faire in nature.

It should be no surprise that men, the great bulk of traffic at these two sites, are moving toward Curvage.

Men don't like being hen-pecked. Just sayin'.

Vim Toot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back