Cute SSBHM on 'Britain's got Talent'

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

fritzi

I hate casting shows! They're exploitative, often degrading, voyeuristic, ... whatever

Nevertheless, the current season of 'Britain's got Talent' came up with this very cute, fabulously talented singing young SSBHM that even made Simon Cowell forget his fat phobia for a second...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41IS2OKqq1w&feature=player_embedded

What do you think?

I hope the show is not too rough on him...

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I hate casting shows! They're exploitative, often degrading, voyeuristic, ... whatever

Nevertheless, the current season of 'Britain's got Talent' came up with this very cute, fabulously talented singing young SSBHM that even made Simon Cowell forget his fat phobia for a second...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41IS2OKqq1w&feature=player_embedded

What do you think?

I hope the show is not too rough on him...
Wow. He's AMAZING.

But so shy. I'm with you and hope they aren't too rough on him.

Lil BigginZ

just a NORML guy
IF anything, it'll boost his confidence. Now he knows he has the talent and can do it without being shy about it.

Also, he better of gotten laid, that's all i'm saying. He white knighted in a great way.

Zowie

Zowie-Zilla
Give that man a haircut and a tux! But that was seriously good, he's got an awesome voice.

sparkee1958

I agree that Simon can be a prick at times, but the extent of what these 2 young people can sing together is limited. This young man has an incredible career ahead of him if he focuses on his god given talent. It is not too often, that a voice such as his comes along, and with maturity and proper coaching, will only get better. Lets hope he can realize that, and move forward in his life where he can transcend the people who have tormented him.
Scott

lovelocs

Nunc est Bibendum
Give that man a haircut and a tux! But that was seriously good, he's got an awesome voice.
Yeah, I can see that he'll clean up nicely. Maybe a bit of stubble, too...

And yeah, Rich, Charlotte needs to have gotten up off of some major goodies for his sticking up for her.

Wanderer

Actor at Extra-Large
He's terrific... the next Pavarotti. But she needs work to improve her upper register, and she's so focused on him that her singing is taking a hit.

LeoGibson

Happy
He has a great voice, hers is good but not great. Together they are pretty good, and he's probably good enough to carry her. However, my problem was that they were very sterile, clinical almost. There wasn't much chemistry or interaction between the two of them. Granted, it could have just been nerves, but they should work on that in order to slam dunk the contest. If they could sing more to each other and give us the audience the illusion of being voyeurs to their private moment, then I think they could win it going away. I guess what I'm getting at is make the performance less technical and more passionate.

LeoGibson

Happy
IF anything, it'll boost his confidence. Now he knows he has the talent and can do it without being shy about it.

Also, he better of gotten laid, that's all i'm saying. He white knighted in a great way.
The way he stood up for her and the way he sings, in a couple of months he'll be singin' I got 99 problems... ;) :D

ConnieLynn

has left the building.
He was so nervous that the mic was shaking. My guess is that a lot of her focus was on supporting him. I think they'll do better together next time.

And I really didn't take issue with Simon's blunt comments after they sang, I took issue with his comment when they came out on stage. Looks like by now that he would have learned not to judge a book by it's cover.

I like the kid's hair :)

fritzi

This, exactly. More than his weight, he didn't have the presentation. Get the hair out of his face, get him some appropriate stage clothes, and watch out :D
As obnoxious as UK tabloids & TV are .... you gotta love their fierce competition!

Some journalist is always snouting around for a different take on the story: The DailyMirror excavated some clips of Jonathan exactly as requested :D with better stage clothes and neater hair.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/tv-film-news/jonathan-antoines-performances-before-britains-772464

He was so nervous that the mic was shaking.
I saw it exactly as you did - I felt so sorry for him when I saw how he was shaking, and it seemed genuine.

Okay- he's already in the process of getting professional training for his voice, - so ke knows he's got the talent and that naturally goes with performing. But with opera as shown, it's gonna be a small, appreciative audience.
Not a TV arena full of ill-willed jackals à la Cowell and all the public shit that go with it (... like contesting his credibility now).

No matter what the back story - such a performance from so young a guy takes guts ... no wonder he's shaking.

Latest posts