• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Diana Dors

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cossaboom

How much did Diana Dors weigh at her heaviest? Does anyone know?

I have collected "sex symbols" for, well, about twenty years or so--since I went off to college. (College libraries are great for that, by the way). At first it was MM, and Jayne, then Mamie and Ekberg the Iceberg.

Eventually, I "discovered" Diana Dors (Fluck), one of England's MM-clones in the 1950's. In researching her career, I learned, quite by accident, that after her sex symbol days were over, Diana began playing more matronly roles as she became plump in her forties. In this regard, her career was eerily similar to that of Shelly Winters.

At any rate, one day I found a photo of her in, if I recall correctly, an early issue of People Magazine, and I was shocked. She wasn't plump--she was obese. Of course, the lurid caption had something to do with her "really letting herself go"....blah blah blah.

The strange part of this was that, despite my preference for the Jayne Mansfield-esque figure, I found that photo strangely...well...hot. In fact, I kept it for a long while, adding it to my "pinup" scrapbook.

Anyway, that was many years--and many pinups--ago, but I wonder if anyone else recalls the "fat Diana" as fondly as I.

[Anita, by the way, was another who had a running battle with her weight in the 1960's and 1970's. I recall Esquire once gave her a Dubious Achievement Award calling her "fat". She replied that it wasn't fatness, but rather "development". In any event, I thought she never looked better than in Four For Texas and Call Me Bwana ca 1963-4, a little "rubenesque", and sporting a canyon of cleavage.]

Latest posts

Back