• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Disheartened

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyin Lilac

Jumped-up fahk.
I didn't know where to post this, and I don't really have an eloquent line of thought to neatly lay out, but I just had to say something because, frankly, I'm pissed.

During a break at work last night I was reading news on AOL and saw a story about Manuel Uribe, the gentleman in Mexico who used to weigh more than 1,200 pounds and is now down to 700 or so.
My issue is not with the story, but with the comments that other readers were leaving. Remarks such as "DISGUSTING," "He should be locked in a room with a head of lettuce and a glass of water," "Why would HE have a girlfriend," etc. I know the world is always going to have its share of assholes, but when I read some of those vicious, insensitive and plain hateful comments, it shook my faith in the ability of organizations such as Dims to ever have a widespread positive impact on our society and culture.

On the up side, there was a smattering of congratulatory and encouraging comments left on the story, and a few readers even took the nasty posters to task, but they were definitely in the minority. Just makes me wonder if there will ever come a day where our size doesn't make others think they automatically have license to spew such dispicable, judgmental dreck.

Sorry, this is rambling, but I guess you get my drift. I just needed to vent.

Latest posts

Back