• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Federal judge blocks much of South Carolina illegal immigration law

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mack27

AΔΦΆΓΙΑ
http://news.yahoo.com/federal-judge-halts-key-parts-sc-immigrant-law-185948146.html

What sticks out to me in the judges ruling is that he basically gave states a blueprint for dealing with their illegal alien problems.

"It is clear to the Court that Congress did not intend to allow the state any further role beyond arresting persons allegedly harboring or transporting unlawfully present persons."

The judge
has said blocking the whole law would have knocked out sections that are clearly lawful, like a requirement that all businesses check their new hires' legal status through a federal online system.
It sounds to me like states going after anyone who employs, houses or transports illegal immigrants is totally within the law. If you've got a foreign live-in gardener with an expired visa, you go to jail. The gardener has to find a new job and a new place to live, which could be hard because people who employ him, house him or transport him go to jail.

I don't advocate doing this; however I do advocate for a state's right to do this.

Latest posts

Back