Finally A Sequel To Dracula

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rojodi

Is anyone else out there reading "Dracula The Un-Dead" written by Dacre Stoker (Bram's great-grandnephew) and Ian Holt? I saw a quick blurb in an entertainment magazine my wife reads on Fridays after a long week working with nerds. I picked it up yesterday and am amazed it's taken this long to write it.

Admiral_Snackbar

Veni, vidi, Lionel Richie
Is anyone else out there reading "Dracula The Un-Dead" written by Dacre Stoker (Bram's great-grandnephew) and Ian Holt? I saw a quick blurb in an entertainment magazine my wife reads on Fridays after a long week working with nerds. I picked it up yesterday and am amazed it's taken this long to write it.
If it's involving tweens and androgynous, sparkly vampires who won't kill humans they love, then they can keep it.

Rojodi

If it's involving tweens and androgynous, sparkly vampires who won't kill humans they love, then they can keep it.
No no no! This involves the original characters, 25 years later. No tweens! It's an ACTUAL sequel, written by a descendant of Brah Stoker!!!!!

This is not I repeat NOT a Twilight, a Sookie, a Lestrat book!

Still a Skye fan

Normalcy is overrated
Hmmm...I work as a reference librarian and I've never heard of the DRACULA sequel but I'm a Stoker fan, so I'll check it out.

Dennis

PS: I'm also seriously sick and tired of seeing all these pretty boy, sparkly, whatever vampires every time I turn around. I work with a majority of women and several are TWILIGHT fans who gush endlessly about the book series and movie.

Me? I long to be stricken deaf during these conversations but I manage to tune most of it out.

However, seeing Dracula pop up in one of these movies or books and wasting all these pansy vampires would make my day.:happy:

I've also read TWILIGHT, just see what all the fuss was about, and wasn't impressed.

The Orange Mage

♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓
Surprised someone would step up to the plate of an ancestor of such a work.

Tolkien's grandson is an author but writes intense thrillers involving the legal system, since that's his day job.

Matt L.

This modern interpretation of vampires in literature and film is so far removed from actual folklore and legend, they shouldn’t even be called vampires.

Admiral_Snackbar

Veni, vidi, Lionel Richie
The children taking over for the parent in writing a popular novel: This only happens successfully on rare occasions. Brian Herbert came this close to digging up his dad and sodomizing him with the end treatment of the Dune saga.

I think Blade IV should involve him wiping the wall with sparkly vampire gore.

Oirish

The Dude
No no no! This involves the original characters, 25 years later. No tweens! It's an ACTUAL sequel, written by a descendant of Brah Stoker!!!!!

This is not I repeat NOT a Twilight, a Sookie, a Lestrat book!
It's not Bram's words, it's not a sequel in my opinion. Just some attempt at making a buck until I read it. The idea of making a sequel to something your ancestor that you never met had written is in very poor taste. If it turns out well then great but I am very doubtful.

Rojodi

It's definitely NOT a Twilight-esque book. I am so tired of the "vampire as a tragic teen/handsome/misunderstood hero" that permeates modern pop literature and movies. It's about time someone stepped up and wrote something akin to the best of the Victorian blood-sucker novels.

Les Toil

God, do I agree. Twilight was one of the most reprehensible "vampire" movies I've ever seen. The fact that that WB Network/Teen Beat Magazine movie was such huge hit with young girls also makes me fear they'll get Miley Cyrus and one of the Jonas Brothers to star in this sequel.

Your Plump Princess

Just dancing with shadows
God, do I agree. Twilight was one of the most reprehensible "vampire" movies I've ever seen. The fact that that WB Network/Teen Beat Magazine movie was such huge hit with young girls also makes me fear they'll get Miley Cyrus and one of the Jonas Brothers to star in this sequel.
Wow, You've got my sympathy for having to see that movie. I was lucky enough not to get dragged to it. But now their invading TV with that series "Vampire Diaries" or whatever it's called. When will they stop?!

PS- Thanks for Giving Me Nightmares with that last sentence of yours.

Reponse to Original Post: I've never heard of this! But I am a Fan of the original Dracula, so if it gets good reviews I think I might pick up a copy.