• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Game Day Food Thread Recipes?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
Hey all. I sort of winged it on this recipe yesterday during the Super Bowl. I should write a cook book, haha. I wanted to make a separate thread so possibly more people would see it. :)

1 Package bite size brownies*
2 c Bisquik or other instant pancake-type mix
1/2 c 2% milk**
Carton of 2% milk***
3 tbsp Sugar
A few inches of canola oil heated to 350 or 360 degrees F (176.5-182.2 C) on stove OR in a deep fryer.
Mixer OR Whisk
Candy thermometer
Metal kebab stick
Paper towel on a cooling rack
(Sorry guys, I don't know the metric equivalents offhand. :batting:)

*I bought some from the bakery at the super. You can also make a pan of brownies the day before (according to the fudgy recipe, not cake) and cut them into small pieces. I would have done this if I had thought to make these earlier.
**Yes, 2%. Whole is too thick for a recipe like this, and skim is not creamy enough.
***Be sure to keep the carton close by, as you will need some extra milk possibly.

Start heating the oil.

In a medium mixing bowl, mix the Bisquik, milk and sugar. Beat by hand (I actually needed a mixer for reason, so you may as well), and then once combined, add lashings of the milk until you get a medium-thin consistency with the batter.

Once the oil is heated to the correct temp (hope you have a thermometer!), use a metal kebab spear to spear the brownie pieces. Coat in batter, then submerge in the cooking oil for roughly 30 seconds (this will vary, the first few brownie bits may have to serve as test subjects.) Flip, and do 25-30 seconds on the other side. Remove with salad tongs, or something else if you are courageous. :)

Set to drain on the paper towel-lined cooling rack.

You may want to half the recipe for batter-- it will make a LOT of fried brownies. Unless you are cooking for a crowd, you will have a LOT left over.

I topped mine with some Haagen-Dasz vanilla ice cream and some cherry pie filling. Caramel, hot fudge or Nutella would also do quite well.

DSC01203.jpg

Share your recipes!

Latest posts

Back