• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How to Deal With Pictures Thieves and Over-Exuberant Newbs?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatchicksrockuk

☆
So, I've been thinking...the sane among you may wish to run for cover now LOL

A few things seem to have hit us recently. Firstly, and by far the most seriously, is the theft and subsequent reposting of pictures from here. Secondly, and this only upsets a few people, is the number of new threads made by new members in their excitement at finding this wonderful place.

Now, I have a hypothesis - long-established members who interact with other users are unlikely to steal pictures.

I do not believe (though haven't checked!) that Dimensions has any sort of approval process for new members, short of having a non-webmail email address?

So, my proposal is this.

Unregistered members can see nothing except a specific non-members forum.

New members without any posts cannot see any pictures. The exception to this could be the paysite board, as pictures posted there are typically for advertising and are watermarked. Once they have passed a certain "participation" threshold,they can see pics.

New members can also not start threads until they have posted a number of times. How many? No idea!

This way, we can gradually introduce people to Dimensions, and people here only to steal pics are likely to be weeded out before they can get this far.

I am under no pretenses that this is an ideal solution, but thought I would throw my ideas out there for public consumption and comment!

Please, be gentle!

Mike

Back