• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

How to make a Venezuelan Chicha

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackhawk2293

Still tired of life
I just returned from a volunteer post in Venezuela. I was there for 3.5 months and in that time I found a great tasting drink that I found out how to make and thought I would share with you all. They call it a Chicha! I know there are other countries in Latin America that make Chicha differently (some of them are alcoholic) but since I had it in Venezuela, I'm sending the Venezuelan recipe. This is one of the drinks that they sell on the street from time to time.

The recipe was taken from http://mrgiftcateringservices-trinidad.blogspot.com/2011/03/chicha-venezuelan-rice-drink-easy.html

Venezuelan Chicha (Easy recipe)

Ingredients:

2 cup white rice

7 cup water

1- 1/4 tsp. salt

1 can condensed milk (397 gr)

1-1/2 cup sugar

2 - 3 tsp. vanilla essence

1. Soak the rice in water for at least 4 hours. You may skip this step if you cook the rice for longer time in a big pot adding more water than what was specified, for example 9 cups of water.

2. Put the rice in a big pot with the 7 cups of water and the salt. Cook it until the rice is very soft. Do not let the water dry too much, add water if needed during cooking.

3. Let the rice get cool (warm).

4. Using your blender, blend the rice with water at medium speed, the condensed milk (keep some for topping), the vanilla essence, and the sugar.

5. Do it in batched. I suggest to mix all the ingredients with some rice in the first batch. Pour it in a big bowl.

6. Continue blending the rice adding water if necessary, make sure that the rice is very well blended (no lumpy) add the blended rice to to bowl. When you finish blending all the rice, stir all together in the bowl.

7. Pour the chicha in a jar big enough to contain the drink, put in the refrigerator.

8. When ready to drink it, add ice in the glasses, pour the chicha and add ground cinnamon and condensed milk

Enjoy... and let me know how it goes!!!

Latest posts

Back