• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Hundreds of gay and lesbian couples wed in NY

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deven

Wendigo
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local...ew_york_on_first_day_samesex_marriage_is.html

Marriage equality reigned supreme in New York Sunday, as gay and lesbian couples made history by legally exchanging vows for the first time.

Hundreds joyously lined up first thing in the morning at the city clerks' offices in all five boroughs to exercise their newly-gained rights.

When New York legalized gay marriage last month it marked a historic step in a decades-long civil rights battle but for some it was a wait that had lasted much of their lives.

The first couple to wed in the city, Connie Kopelov, 85, and Phyllis Seagal, 77, met 23 years ago at a senior center and had long dreamed of this moment.

"I am breathless," Siegel said after a ceremony at Manhattan's marriage bureau. "The fact that it's happening to us, that we are finally legal and can do this like everyone one else."

"It's mind boggling," she said.

More in the link, but I'm crying for joy for these people. First New York... then the rest of the country!!! I'm so glad they haven't stopped the marriages, and I hope they won't.

Latest posts

Back