• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Huntsman on the GOP: Is this the Best We Can Do?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deven

Wendigo
Jon Huntsman Criticizes Republican Party, Compares Actions To Communist China

Huntsman, a former Utah governor who dropped out of the GOP primary in January, served as U.S. ambassador to China under President Barack Obama.

He also criticized the Republican candidates' foreign policy stances, particularly in regard to China.

"I don’t know what world these people are living in," Huntsman said.

Although Huntsman did not mention any specific candidates, he has criticized Mitt Romney in the past for his "wrong-headed" approach. Huntsman, who endorsed Romney after dropping out of the race, said in February that the former Massachusetts governor should take a more opportunity-minded view to relations with China.

Huntsman also spoke on Sunday about his presidential candidacy, revealing that he was less than impressed by his fellow candidates when he attended his first debate in August.

"Is this the best we could do?" Huntsman said he asked himself.

I honestly wish he would've had a chance to run against the President. I find him refreshing for a Republican, and I possibly would've voted for him. I would've voted for McCain, I have said repeatedly, but then his pick for VP is what deterred me. That Vice President is an important part of the race. One bad VP pick, and you can lose and entire election. I don't think that it was really thought of that way until Sarah Palin.

I find Huntsman leveled headed, intelligent, and honest (for a Politician... which isn't saying much, but still.)

I just want to know: What does it say to you that the less extreme Conservatives are coming out against the current nominees? Let's face it: Gingrich has no chance. His campaign is running on an empty tank financially. It's been reported that his campaign is 4.3 million dollars in debt and that debt is getting larger as he is stiffing vendors. Huntsman is lukewarm on Romney, but I don't feel Romney is as strong of a candidate that the GOP needs to win. Sure, he might be a moderate conservative, but he's oblivious to the needs of the normal American. Most Politicians are, but I feel because of his money, Romney has no clue. I also don't like Romney because of religious issues, such as him post-humously having his staunch athiest father-in-law baptized as a Mormon. To me, that isn't upholding the Freedom of Religion in the Constitution: It violates it. The man's beliefs should be respected in death as they should've been in life.

I truly feel that the GOP should've pushed the levelheaded man to the front. Honestly, every liberal in my family would've considered Huntsman as a serious candidate. My Aunt has lived in Utah for the past decade, and she adores him. My Grandmother, who has told me she is going to vote for Obama, said that if Huntsman got the nomination, that the statement about Obama would no longer hold water.

My husband says that the extreme conservatives are a result of the extreme liberals. That might be true, but I truly believe that they are shooting themselves in the foot with their current candidates. Find one in the middle of the road, an intelligent, levelheaded, and open-minded candidate, and maybe there would be some progress in Washington instead of this... war. That's all it can be called: A war. It's not a violent, armed war: It's an Uncivil Civil War. The animosity between both parties is destroying our great Nation. Each party does "tit for tat" and that's not how we're going to save America.

We need someone unifying, and I don't believe Romney is that person.

Latest posts

Back