• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

I stirred the pot a bit by asking a simple question. Was I right or wrong?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatBarbieDoll

Possibly hurtful content below, so read at your own risk.

There is a subsection on Reddit whose post made it on the front page. I read one comment and noticed that its author called the woman, who the post was about, a "hamplanet", which I think is a dehumanizing term because it reduces fat people to a food item or a non-human animal and exaggerates the size to that of a planet.

Now, human beings ARE animals -- we are great apes, in fact -- but complex ones distinct from others due to our high intelligence. Society in general believes non-human animals are inferior, so it is an insult to liken someone to a pig or the product of a pig.

I simply asked this person why they dehumanized and was jumped on almost immediately. Sheesh. LOL! I noted that the way we treat others is a statement about who we are as human beings.

The post's author accused fat people who got their feelings hurt of reporting the content, even though they had no evidence to back up such a claim. I noticed this, so I mentioned it as well.

Latest posts

Back