• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Interesting piece about 'tummies'

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1300 Class

Pam Poovey's Stunt Double
Ok, well a little bit interesting. And ignore most of the comments at the bottom, the usual guff.
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/lif...-beat/comfortably-tummied/20100928-15um7.html
We're part of the global scene, we're fashion aware and quick to embrace trends, but Australia is still behind in some things. Fat acceptance, for example. It's much more advanced in Canada.

''The number of distinctly overweight women happily getting around in bikinis easily rivalled a Russian resort on seniors’ day,'' says a workmate who returned from an extended visit to her home country last week. ''My nine-year-old daughter told me that the difference between Australia and Canada is that everyone has a tummy in Canada – and they’re not trying to hide it.''

Is this a good thing? Should overweight Australian women let it all hang out like their Canadian sisters? (Plenty seem to so I shudder to think what it's like in Vancouver). I know there's going to be two schools of thought on this but I'm with the Fat Should be Camouflaged College. Who wants to be exposed to someone's rolls? Where is their sense of style, of decency? One in three Canadians are embarrassed about their tummies, according to How to Look Good Naked Canada, but obviously not self-conscious enough to go for the one-piece bathing option.

What do you think - let if all hang out come summer and not worry about anyone else? Or cover it up? As the nation becomes larger and lumpier, should we become more accepting of fat in our faces? Is it the beholder who has got the problem?

Latest posts

Back